3 - Stucky

*infinity war and endgame happened, Nat, Vision and Tony are still alive, Steve never went back to Peggy*

*Bucky pov*

After winning against Thanos it took a lot of strength, not only physical mostly mental to go back to where we were before all that.
Steve and I were separated for five years, after he found me and saved me from Hydra; to me it felt a lot shorter, but Steve is the one that experienced five years without some of his friends and me.
We came back a month ago and slowly everything fell in place once again, we were all staying at the compound, except for Clint and his family, Tony Pepper and their daughter moved back here but kept the house on the lake. Stark also kept doing so many security improvements almost every day. Wanda and Vision are happier than ever, Peter has grown up but deep inside is still a kid and I've grow a liking to him, Sam is...well Sam, Thor comes and goes, he found his brother again and he's making sure he takes care of himself and behaves.
Steve and I...Steve and I finally grew the balls to tell each other how in love we are.

Tomorrow's a special day, it's the Fourth of July, Steve's birthday, he's gonna be 105 and I wanted to make the day special for him.
So the whole team is helping me decorating the big yard we have in Stars and Stripes things as he sleeps.
"I think we've done everything" Nat says sighing and leaning against my shoulder.
"Looks like it..." I say looking around
"Ok, it's three in the morning guys, I'd say we go get some sleep" Bruce says
"Yeah...thank you so much guys!" I tell to everyone right before we all walk in
"No problem" Tony says patting my shoulder

Nat, Sam Steve and I are on the same floor, so we take the elevator together
"You got it?" Nat asks
"Yeah"
"Man...are you ready for it?"
"I am Sam. We've been waiting for too fucking long..."
"Bad word alert..."
"Shut up"
He laughs, we step out and bud goodnight.
I meter Steve's and I room and silently make my way in bed, he doesn't even stir, poor guy today he hasn't even feeling that good, bad migraine.

The next morning we woke up as usual at eight
"Morning Buck..."
"Morning, happy birthday" I say cuddling him
"Mhm thank you"
I kiss his lips softly and then his temple
"How's your head?"
"Definitely better"
"Glad to hear"
We take a shower and go down the stairs to meet in the family room for breakfast
"Do you know what Tony has planned for today?"
"No idea, he was so secretive"
As we enter the room we see that it's empty so we grab some coffe and go to drink in outside.
We round the corner and the rest of the team starts to sing happy birthday to Steve
"Awww you guys!" He says blushing when they finish "thank you!"
"Here ya go old man" Sam says handing him a cupcake with a candle on it, he blows it out and eats the cupcake, it was a chocolate one with vanilla frosting and red, white and blue sprinkles on top, just to stay in theme...
We party all morning, have a nice barbecue and keep partying for the rest of the afternoon and evening.
I'm not sure how many times everyone had jumped in the pool, but we had so much fun.

The first firework went off at ten pm and we all gathered and sat on the grass or on chairs to admire the sky, of course we set up our own fireworks as well.
Steve's eyes luckily were fixated on the fireworks, just in time for him to see a 'will you marry me Stevie?' one appearing.
I kneel in front of him, down really know where my voice went, so I just pull out of my pocket a box and open it, revealing a silver ring
"Buck..."
"Marry me?"
"Yes, yes, fuck yes!" He says crying
"Language cap!" Tony says as he films everything
I slip the ring on his left ring finger, a perfect fit.
"I love you" I say and bring him down for a kiss
"Love you too" he whispers against my lips
"Congratulations!" Nat says hugging as and after her everyone just piles up in a huge hug.
At the end of the night we walk hand in hand towards our bedroom to make fireworks of our own.

buckybarnes

Liked by natromanoff and 3

Liked by natromanoff and 3.729.027 others

buckybarnes To my best friend since childhood, to my best guy, to my boyfriend as of one month, to my fiancée as of tonight, Happy Birthday Stevie!💙
(Happy Fourth of July to everyone else...)

View all comments
user1 OMGGGGGG
user2 I knew it! Congrats🥳
tonystark Look at those two!
user3 So happy for u!
samwilson Best man?!?!

A/n
Happy fourth to all of my American readers, stay safe and celebrate!
Happy 105th birthday to the one and only Captain America/Steve Rogers
💙🤍❤️
Keep leaving suggestions for chapters in the comments!!!