sixteen | can't you see that I'm the one who understands you

Start from the beginning

"Okay, fine. I suppose I'd be angry too if my mate said that my mom's dish tastes like shite." Seb walked closer to me, putting one hand on my shoulder. "Just-" he sighed, shaking his head, "don't do anything irreversible, okay? You love Xyrra, so I bet when you finally wish to start a relationship with her, you want to be serious about it. You want your heart and emotion to be in the right place. Don't just make her your rebound, Man."

"I won't," I told Seb then flipped the cover of my helmet. "I'm leaving now. If anything happens or if Leonidas is asking for me-"

I haven't finished my sentence but Seb already took a step back and finished it for me. "Yeah, I know. Not a word about Xy to him." He shoved his hands into the pocket of his gray jumper. "Though you do know that if he's forcing it out of me, I can't fight him. I mentally can't. He's the Alpha, Er. If he's using his Alpha's aura then I wouldn't have a chance to hide the truth from him."

"I know." My right hand gripped the throttle tightly then started to roll it, and the engine roared louder. "I'll be back before that happens." Then I pushed up the kickstand and went off.

It had taken me about forty minutes to get to Xyrra's house, twenty-five minutes earlier than usual although the traffic was quite normal. A thought creeped out inside my head, telling me that I had managed to come early because I had been missing her, but I shoved that thought away because whether I liked it or not, Young Seb had been right. My head was a mess and my heart was not in the right place right now. I shouldn't start something-anything- with Xyrra right now.

I heaved a small sigh and then parked my motorcycle out in the front before walking toward the porch. I sat on the small steps, placed my helmet next to me, and waited for her to come. I pulled out my phone and sent her a text.

I'm here.

To my surprise, the door behind me swung open, and before I could react, I felt two arms enveloping me in a hug. My whole body froze. This was not the first time Xyrra hugged me, we have hugged each other numerous times since we have practically been growing up for the last ten years together, yet this time, it felt different. I was not sure what it was. And when she finally took a seat next to me, pushing my helmet away, and looked up to meet my eyes, I knew that whatever she wished to ask me, I would do it in a heartbeat. The expression she had on her face nearly broke me.

My hands rubbed her arms up and down as I tried to calm her down. "What happened?"

"It doesn't matter." She shook her head and forced a smile. "How are you holding up? I heard about your fight with Crystal."

"I'm fine. Though I hope my momma will feel the same anytime soon too."

"I'm really sorry, Er." She patted my shoulder.

"It is not your fault. You weren't the person who called her dish tasteless and asked if you could order takeout instead." I shook my head and tried to bring the subject off me and to her. "What happened?" I asked again.

She looked at me disapprovingly for a second but eventually, she answered me, "I need your help."

"Anything," I assured her. All I wanted was to shed that sadness away, to make her feel better.

Xyrra bit her lips, looking a tad hesitant. "I need you to help me seduce him."

* * *

"W-hat?" I was not sure I had heard it right the first time. She could not possibly be serious, right? I knew I had told myself earlier that I would do absolutely anything for her but that did not necessarily mean that I would seduce another man for her. And right now, I was in such a predicament because I did not know how to tell her I didn't want to do that or reason with her. "Um," I cleared my throat and scratched a spot in the back of my head even though it was not itchy, just to lend myself some more time. "I, um, I honestly don't think that I'm his type, Xy. And I despite the fact that the Greek God after which I'm named could possibly do that, I don't swing that way."