Chapter 9: Mid 1989

:July 1989:

(It was Saturday morning and everyone was just hanging around outside the boys were running around playing with their sister while Diana and Walker were relaxing on their lawn chairs) I am gonna get you Zac!! (Taylor said as he ran after Zac and tackled him into the sand and they just started laughing and rolling around before running over to their parents while Isaac sat with Jessica who decided she needed a break) Rawr!!! (the boys exclaimed at Taylor climbed on Walker and Zac did the same to Diana) Rawr back to you!! (Walker exclaimed tickling Taylor and then Zac and Diana just laughed at them) I wanna go to the bookstore I hear there is a really good one!! (Isaac said running over with Jessica after talking with a friend who was walking down the beach and stopped to chat) Well I don't know I thought you three were enjoying the beach? (Diana claimed sitting up as Zac just sat at the edge) I want books!!! Me too!!!! (Taylor and Zac exclaimed so they decided to go in and wash up then head to the book store that Isaac's friend was talking about) 

:at the bookstore:

(they all walked inside and the boys ran off to the children's section as Walker, Diana, and Jessica followed closely behind) Look at this Zac!! (Taylor said grabbing a book called The Paper Bag Princess and showing it to Zac who just laughed with Taylor about the title and then they all went shopping and bought a ton of new books to read and headed back out putting their books in the trunk of their car and then much to the kids' begging they decided to go to the toy store that Isaac's friend also told him about) Look guys Lincoln Logs!!! (Isaac showed his brothers the big container and Zac excitedly grabbed the container and ran to put it in the cart) Let's just get a few things each since we already did a lot of spending at the bookstore, (Walker said as the four kids each picked three things along with the Lincoln Logs for all of them and paid then headed back home to get ready for dinner and play with their new things)

:back at their home:

(they all made it back home and the boys ran to their room and started playing with their new things and reading their new books, Zac and Taylor grabbed the container of Lincoln Logs and sat at the coffee table opening the container and started building with them) I will build a bridge and you can build houses. (Zac explained to Taylor as they started grabbing log pieces and Taylor grabbed a couple roofs) Are you building a town for the dinosaurs to destroy?? (Isaac joked walking downstairs with the rectangle tote of random things for a city, dinosaurs, and some of Zac's cars and gave it to them before sitting down on the couch with a book) No we are building a village and they are gonna live in it. (Zac explained and Isaac just laughed and couldn't help but comment back) Dinosaurs?? Living in a village?? You gotta be kidding me they aren't gonna fit in those houses they are too small. (Isaac opened his book and started reading) Well then I'll make them bigger and the small ones would fit ya know. (Taylor rolled his eyes and redid the houses making them bigger than they were and fit some of the smaller dinosaurs into the houses and the bigger ones around the village) Alright we are done!!! (Zac said as Emma rolled into the room with Diana) Taylor, Emma is here she's staying the night remember. (Diana said smiling as Taylor looked up and smiled running to Emma) Yea!! Hi Emma come see the village Zac and I made!!! (Taylor exclaimed pushing Emma over to the table so she could see what they did) Wow this is really cool guys I love it!!! (Emma smiled and looked over to Taylor and Zac who smiled back at her) Thanks so much Emma it only took us like an hour or something. (Zac said placing a few more toy people in the village and some other little things in the village with Taylor and Emma like trees and cars) Why don't you guys come have dinner now. (Diana said walking out into the living room and the three boys and Emma headed into the kitchen to sit and eat then hung out for the rest of the night before heading to bed)

:August 1989:

(Taylor and Zac were sitting outside their house while everyone else was inside, Zac was playing with his cars while Taylor was wandering in circles staring at the sand beneath his feet) I need to get a drink and go toilet Taylor I will be right back ok. (Zac said as Taylor just continued wandering in circles while Zac just shrugged and ran inside then Taylor looked up and over across where the shops are and starting wandering over there when he saw some flowers on the side of a shop) Ooo beautiful!!! (Taylor said smelling the flowers and smiling then turning and running down the sidewalk to see what other things were in stores while Zac walked back outside and frowned when Taylor wasn't there and frantically started looking around the beach) MOM!!! ISAAC!!! Taylor isn't outside I think he left!!!! (Diana and Isaac quickly ran outside with Jessica and started helping Zac look around) Taylor baby where did you go!!! Taylor!!! (Diana and the boys looked all over the beach till they decided to call the police and Diana called Walker who was able to leave work early and take his buggy around to try and find Taylor) Taylor!!! (Walker yelled when he eventually found Taylor wandering through a park with a hotdog in his hand, he turned and looked at his dad then he smiled and ran over to him) Look daddy I got a hotdog!!! (Walker smiled and picked him up setting him in his seat, putting the harness on the leaving back for the house while Taylor just continued eating his hotdog unaware of how upset everyone was) 

:back at home:

(everyone was sitting in the kitchen except for Jessica who was napping, Taylor confused looked around at everyone staring at him and realized that no one was talking or smiling and they haven't talked to him since he got back) Are yous all ok?? You aren't talking. (Taylor asked with a small nervous smile on his face before frowning and looking over to Zac) Zac you will talk to me right??? (Zac looked down at the table before just shrugging his shoulders at Taylor who got upset at the silence he had no idea why everyone looked upset and no one realized that he didn't understand) TALK TO ME!!!! (Taylor yelled before tearing up and throwing stuff on the floor while Diana sighed and looked over at everyone before turning to Taylor who had started crying but stopped throwing things and curled himself into a ball on the floor) Come here Taylor. (Diana said softly as Taylor quickly got up and ran to her hugging her as she picked him up and put him on her leg) Why you all so upset mommy did I do something?? (Taylor asked looking her in the eyes before quickly looking around at everyone else) Yea you did you wandered off without telling anyone where you were going you had everyone worried about you cause we didn't know where you were and we got scared. (Diana explained to Taylor who stopped crying briefly hearing what she had to say before looking at everyone who nodded their heads in agreement) I am so sorry I didn't mean to scare you guys. I am not in trouble am I?? (Taylor said as tears began falling down again and he just hugged his mom again who held him close) I don't know we'll figure that out later but for now I want you to go sit in your room and play or take a nap either or ok Taylor. (Diana said giving him a kiss) Ok Mommy!! (Taylor jumped down and ran off to his room while everyone else went back to what they were doing)

:2 days later: 

(it was 1:30pm and Taylor and Diana were sitting in the therapist office to figure out why Taylor has been having these periods of just wandering off and to figure why he won't socialize with anyone outside his family and close friends) I just am really concerned this stuff has happened on and off the last 4 years and I'm not sure what I can do to help him or even why he does it. (Diana explained to the therapist who just nodded and wrote stuff down before setting everything down and looked over to them) I would recommend a couple evaluations to be assessed as soon as possible to check for possibly social disorders such as Social Anxiety Disorder and/or things like that as for the wandering that would be what we consider eloping. Eloping is usually what occurs when a child or someone is trying to get out of an overstimulating environment or to get desired items or get to a desired place I would just take necessary precautions and keep your eyes on him. As for random the evaluation for OCD came back positive if that helps with anything. (the doctor explained to Taylor and Diana who just nodded at the doctor and smiled) Thank you so much doc we will definitely do that. (Diana said smiling as they got up exchanged their goodbyes and then Diana and Taylor left for home)