A New Beginning

Wrecker x f!reader
••You and Wrecker welcome your child into the world on Pabu.

Wrecker had just returned from the docks when you discovered you were in labor. Since you wanted to do an at home birth, he brought you upstairs and got you comfortable in the bed before contacting the rest of the Batch.

While he waited for them to arrive, Wrecker laid next to you on the bed with his big hand over your rounded midsection, rubbing gentle circles in an attempt to provide comfort. He could feel your muscles tensing and relaxing beneath his fingertips and his concern showed in his expression.

"Why's your stomach doing that?" He finally asked, looking up at you.

You glanced down at your stomach, still maintaining the steady breathing pattern that Tech had taught you. "I'm having contractions, which is the body's way of preparing itself to deliver a baby."

Wrecker was silent for a moment before asking, "Do they hurt?"

Ironically, the contractions hadn't been too painful until he said something. The moment that question left his mouth, a painful contraction rippled across your midsection and caused you to groan.

"They do now..." You murmured, feeling your heart rate begin to pick up. "How long until Tech and the others are here?"

"Lemme check." Wrecker said.

Before he could press on his commlink, however, the bedroom door opened and Tech, Hunter, and Echo filed into the room.

"Where's Cross?" Wrecker asked, wincing when you squeezed his hand.

"He's with Omega in the living room." Hunter answered once he reached your bedside.

"He actually offered to stay with her." Echo said with an amused snort. "I think he just didn't want to get grossed out."

"That sounds like him.." You remarked softly. Then, your expression grew taut and you squeezed your eyes shut as another contraction passed. "F-Fuck..."

Hunter crossed his arms over his chest as he watched Tech set out a few things, obviously resisting the urge to pave back and forth. "How far along is she, Tech?" He asked, concern lacing his tone.

Tech moved down to the end of the bed to take a look. "Farther along than I expected." He said, adjusting his glasses as he glanced up to meet your gaze. "You need to start pushing."

"Now?" You gritted through clenched teeth, biting back another groan as you suddenly felt the urge to push. "Wrecker, I don't care how hard I squeeze your hand, you better not let go."

"I won't, sweetheart. I promise." Wrecker said, giving your hand a comforting squeeze. "Squeeze it as hard as you can!"

You planned on doing just that. Once the latest contraction passed, you put all your strength into pushing as hard as you could. A cry of pain escaped once it became too much and you stopped for a moment.

"You're doing good, Y/N. Keep it up. We're here for you." Hunter tried to reassure, though you were hardly listening.

You continued to push with all your might, only pausing to take a few breaths when the pain became too much to handle. Tech had offered painkillers at one point, but you were insistent on doing this without any help. You nearly crushed Wrecker's hand in your grasp, though he didn't seem to mind too much.

Finally, after hours of labor, one final push ended it all. You let your head fall back on the pillow, your eyes half-lidded as you anxiously waited for that telltale sound. It felt like forever, but you finally heard the wonderful cry that washed away all of your worries.

"Congratulations. You have a healthy baby girl." Tech said once he'd cleaned the baby and swaddled it up in a towel. He stood up and carefully passed the baby over to Wrecker, who hesitantly accepted.

You turned your head to look at him and smiled. Your daughter looked so small and frail in his big, strong arms, yet he held her with the utmost care. His hands that could destroy great things were also capable of being oh so gentle, and they cradled her tiny body as if they were afraid she'd break into a thousand pieces at the slightest touch.

Now came the waterworks. He could scarcely string together a sentence without choking up, tears streaming down his face. You laid your head against his bicep and sighed.

The hardest part was over. Now, you could relax and enjoy the new addition to your family.

(Eh, kinda lazy but I wanted to write something lighthearted before I go back to angst. Also yes Crosshair lives with them on Pabu because I said so)