Hungover

f!reader x Hunter
••After a celebratory night of drinking with the Batch at 79's, you find yourself in an unexpected situation

Your head hurt.

A lot.

The sunlight filtering through the blinds only made your headache worse. You pull the blankets over your head with a soft groan and try to fall back asleep.

Wait. The barracks don't have blinds, and you can't recall the last time Kamino saw a sunny day.

Your eyes fly open in an instant and your head pops out from under the blankets. Squinting as your eyes adjust to the dim lighting in the room, you can tell that this wasn't the barracks. If anything, it was worse than the barracks. Cheap blinds hang loosely over the single window that overlooked a dreary courtyard. The air smells like stagnant water and tobacco. You suddenly become aware of how scratchy the sheets on the bed feel. Looking down, you see that you're wearing nothing but a bra and a pair of skintight shorts. Where did your armor go?

More importantly, how the fuck did you get here?

An unexpected snore sends your heart into your throat. You sharply inhale as you whip your head around, smacking yourself in the face with your braid in the process. Laying in bed next to you is Hunter, and he's completely out of sorts. He's bare-chested, his bandanna is nowhere to be seen, and his hair is just all over the place.

Your memory of last night is fuzzy. You don't remember hooking up with him, and you certainly don't remember passing out in some dumpy motel. You feel the heat of embarrassment on your cheeks as you realize you've been sleeping in the same bed as your sergeant. The man who's supposed to be your superior.

Fuck, Hunter is going to kill you when he wakes up.

Pursing your lip, you try to think of how to get out. You can't leave him here, but you refuse to let him find out about this. Your best bet was to find your belongings and contact the others.

After watching him sleep for a few moments, you slowly start to work your way towards the edge of the bed. The only thing you need to be careful of is his sensitive hearing. If he wakes up, you're dead.

You hold your breath as you continue to shuffle away, praying that he won't wake up. Your palms are sweating as your anxiety increases tenfold. Maker, you haven't been this nervous since your first assignment with the Batch. A few minutes feels like an eternity, but you finally manage to reach the edge. However, before you can slip out from under the covers, you feel Hunter's arm slide around your waist and pull you back in. You let out a soft groan of protest, but you can't do much to stop him. He pulls you flush against him and buries his face in your hair, sighing heavily.

You're absolutely burning up now. This man is a literal furnace. It doesn't help that you're blushing hard either.

Eventually, your hungover brain decides that being held by a broody sergeant isn't so bad. There was no denying your attraction to him and while these weren't exactly the best circumstances, you knew that you had never gotten this close to him before. You can't help but wonder if it was just the alcohol. Did he have feelings for you like you did for him?

Fuck it. Drunk or not, you decide that he is yours.

Whether he reciprocates the feelings or not is still up in the air, but you're too hungover to care. You close your eyes and enjoy the moment while it lasts.