Goa Diaries Part V

Start from the beginning

Abhimanyu had used up all his patience with Miguel. He tilted his head, his dark eyes revealing his wrath. Man Singh walked away brusquely, allowing them some privacy. 

" Who is she?!" Radhika demanded furiously, " I've never seen her around before. She doesn't run in our circles. She came with you that day. I saw her climbing down your car. I asked you repeatedly who she was but you shrugged me off. You wanted to meet BlueFreddie to find her.Isn't it because she's your mistress?"

Abhimanyu snarled at her in warning.His grey eyes were dark pools of abyss and death.Radhika took his actions as a silent affirmation. No wonder he evaded all her questions. He wouldn't even tell her name.

"She's your mistress, isn't she?" Radhika chuckled sinisterly, " It's just the Rajput tradition.How could you settle for a common, characterless girl like her? It's beneath you to indulge in whores!"

" What did you say about Rivannah!?" He snapped.He had Radhika pinned to the car in a single shove, a palm gripping her throat threateningly. She quivered in fear at the rage on his face.

How could she say such horrible words about Rivannah?

 His Mistress!?

He couldn't even sit to next to her without Rivannah scooting away from him. She never coveted his attention. She never acted like they were anything more than friends. No matter how much he had taunted her, she still wore her dignity like second skin. 

"Rivannah." Radhika rasped, struggling against the chokehold," You care for her so deeply? I've never seen that look on your face. Just admit it, Abhimanyu. You left your family during Diwali to have fun with your mistress. Tsk Tsk, she looked quite young. But I suppose she doesn't care about who she is with. I bet she'd spread her legs for my father-"

" I dare you to finish that sentence." he whispered darkly, fighting the urge to strangle her. His fury wasn't to just protect her honour.Something ancient and complex had consumed him when Rivannah got missing. His heart had given him many hints, but he never acknowledged it.

How a day wouldn't pass that he didn't think of her. How he had burned in jealousy when he saw her with Vikram. How his heart fluttered when her skin touched his. How he felt pain whenever her pretty eyes were rimmed with tears. How scared he was when she had gotten hurt.How wary he was of their proximity yet he craved it like oxygen.

" Tell me you don't care about her." Radhika dared him, her dark eyes brimming with madness and jealousy.

Abhimanyu's breath plummeted as he realised the truth. He thought his feelings were momentary infatuation, protectiveness, or sympathy.But he was so terribly wrong. It was far more deeper, richer and sublime than anything he had ever felt. His heart had been deceived and the deceiver was in his heart.

His palms left Radhika's throat as if she burned him. He wasn't looking for love when he found Rivannah. She had stumbled upon him in the darkness and left his whole world ablaze.

" You can't say it, right?" Radhika pestered him, " You act proud and noble, yet you care for a low-class nobody.Typical royal families."

" Even if she was not here." Abhimanyu muttered derisively," I would certainly never think of you, Radhika Shekhawat. You are insolent, demented and venomous. Your very presence disgusts me. As gratitude for your assistance tonight, I'm going to respectfully send you back home."

A few silent guards held her hands and dragged her away. Radhika yelped and threw angry curses, threatening them with her father's power. She was completely unrecognisable as a posh and elegant woman.

" What did you say to her, Your Majesty?" Man Singh wondered, secretly happy that the siren-like woman was rejected by his lord.

" It doesn't matter." Abhimanyu said blankly, sitting beside the sleeping Princess," Let's take her home."