Goa Diaries Part IV

Guess who?^

 Miguel spent the entire night trying to find the hacker. The sky was still dark outside and the clock showed quarter past three.He had the IP address but the location was jumping off from cities all over the globe. It had been a long time since his tasks were that difficult. The challenge and thrill made his monotonous life a lot brighter. 

Finally, a worthy competitor had emerged.

" Uh, sir." a throat cleared. 

Miguel looked up from the screen, cocking his head in question.

" It's Gala night at the casino today. You have to make an appearance."

 Miguel wasn't a people-person, but Gala nights were fun. All the members of the elite society would gather and pretend. Gamblers on the verge of bankruptcy would boast their wealth, men with 'happy' marriages would have mistresses on their arms, and murderers with the darkest crimes were painted as saints and humanitarians. Only he knew all of their dirtiest and shameful secrets. 

" Don't worry." he smirked, " I'm almost done with this bastard.I'm just tracking its location of the device connected to the hacker's." He paused as the location pin popped up, "Oh, the nerve. You're in Goa and you tried to steal from me? Send someone to bring this computer and its owner.I'm going to catch up on my beauty sleep."

                                                                                      *

Abhimanyu heaved a sigh and knocked at her door. Rivannah hadn't shown up for dinner. He understood that she was angry and needed space. But it was half-past seven and the silent treatment needed to end. She must have breakfast with him.

" I'm done being nice, Rivannah." he banged the door, " Come out!"

He was met by profound silence. She knew how to infuriate him and get under his skin. It was a mystery how she caught his fancy. He twisted the doorknob and found the door locked from the inside.

" I'll break open this door. I'm warning you." he said through clenched teeth. 

" I have the key, Your Highness." Mrs D'Cruz said meekly.

" Open this damn door." Abhimanyu muttered before saying loudly, " Stop this childish behaviour! Just because you can't meet him doesn't mean it's the end of the world!"

Mrs D'Cruz fumbled with a bunch of keys and tried a few of them before the door unlocked. Abhimanyu sauntered inside, surprised to find the room empty. The sheets on the bed were messy and her phone was on the bedside.

" Check the bathroom." he breathed out.

Cold breeze blew in the room from the open balcony windows, making him shiver. He shut the glass door close, frowning when he saw a muddy footprint on the stone floor. From the shape and size, he could tell it belonged to a man.

" She's not there, milord." 

Abhimanyu felt a chill down his spine. Rivannah's door was locked from the inside. No, she couldn't have run away. She would have taken her phone along.There were no signs of struggle or anything missing to suggest burglary. Realisation hit him like a pile of bricks.

Someone climbed through the balcony and kidnapped her.He was unable to protect her.

" Call the guards! Tell them to find Rivannah!" Abhimanyu snarled.He had no idea when she had been taken and by whom. Dread settled in heart, making it painful to breathe.His hands were trembling with strange fear and nervousness.