|| The Triwizard Tournament

Start from the beginning

"How did you know we fought?" Y/N inquired.

"Maybe because you two haven't been snogging the whole ride," Ron snorted.

"Well," Y/N said, glancing over at Ron. "What's your type of woman, Ron?"

"Uh—" Ron blushed, chuckling.

"You asked me and I answered; only fair you should do it as well," Y/N insisted, cornering Ron with a skeptical smile.

Ron shifted uncomfortably, choosing his words carefully. "Well, someone with a bit of fire, you know? Fiery long hair, maybe some freckles, and, um, eyes that catch your attention—like, different colors, maybe."

Y/N smirked, catching the subtle description. "Sounds intriguing. What'd house do you want her to be?"

Ron stammered, "Oh, you know—maybe Hufflepuff, they're quite nice."

Harry interjected, "What's with the sudden interest in types, Ron? Got your eye on someone?"

Ron's cheeks turned even redder as he attempted to deflect. "Nah, just a general curiosity, that's all."

⋇⊶⊰❣⊱⊷⋇

"They still don't know who conjured it?" Y/N inquired, leaning over to peruse the Daily Prophet. "Was there no security?"

"There were loads—according to my Dad," Ron chimed in, munching on a piece of candy. "Happened right under their noses; that's what worried them so much."

Y/N shifted her gaze to Harry, observing him scratch his scar once again. "It's hurting again, isn't it?"

"I'm fine," Harry reassured.

"So," Hermione interjected, glaring over at Y/N. "When will you bother writing a letter or sending a text to Sirius and Amaryllis?"

"What for?" Y/N asked.

"For what you saw in your nightmare," Hermione stated matter-of-factly.

"I saw a man cast a Death Eater spell," Y/N deadpanned, running her hands through her hair. "That's it. I don't see anything significant enough that I'd need to tell Sirius and Mom."

"Just tell them, Y/N," Hermione ordered, giving Y/N an unimpressed glare.

Y/N attempted to protest, "But—"

"No buts," Hermione cut off sternly, leaving no room for argument.

"But Hermione, it's not like it's a big deal," Y/N insisted, raising an eyebrow.

Hermione sighed, her expression unwavering. "Y/N, we're talking about Death Eater activity. It is a big deal, Sirius and more so your own Mom deserve to know."

Y/N crossed her arms, a stubborn glint in her eyes. "I can handle myself, 'Mione. I don't need to burden them with every little thing."

Hermione's gaze softened, and she spoke with a touch of concern, "It's not just about you, Y/N." 

"Fine," Y/N huffed, then glanced over at Harry. "Take out your quill and paper."

⋇⊶⊰❣⊱⊷⋇

Y/N and the others stepped off the train, ensuring they hadn't forgotten anything in the compartment before exchanging satisfied thumbs-up. A line of a hundred horseless carriages awaited them outside the station. Harry, Ron, Hermione, and Y/N chose one and hopped in.

The rain poured down, thoroughly soaking their clothes and belongings. Y/N silently thanked both the heavens and her foresight in selecting a waterproof bag to protect her electronics.