chapter twenty three. yours

Violet is sipping Pepto-Bismol as she stands outside, she didn't want to go back in there and face anyone. "You look like you were swimming in cotton candy." She turned and it was Beatrix approaching her. She looked away, putting the pink bottle to the ground, it oddly matched her dress.

"What do you want?" She looked over at the girl. "I want to talk to you, I know you're upset at me but I don't want to give up on us." Beatrix met her gaze and Violet's eyes softened.

"You know, Beatrix, I used to think I understood you. I felt like a knew you but I can't believe you did that. You almost got Riven in so much trouble. We don't know what Rosalind was going to do to him." Violet furrowed her brows and Beatrix reached out to take her hand. Violet let her.

"I was looking out for you because you said we're the same side. I will always look out for you." Her thumb brushed over Violet's hand. "Do you not mean that anymore?" Beatrix tilted her head, a piece of hair falling into her face.

"I do, of course we're on the same side, Bea. Me and you, not me, you and Rosalind and not me, you and Andreas." Violet was upset, heat rose to her cheeks as she spoke. Beatrix shook her head. "You don't understand, Andreas is all I have." Now Violet was just confused as she opened Beatrix's hand, placing palm flat on her chest and over her heart.

"You had me, my people are your people. I am yours, I just wish you understood that." She pulled away, took her Pepto-Bismol and left where Riven was waiting for her. She didn't look back when she reached him. "Come on, let's get you something to eat."