chapter sixteen. all we need

The first person to leave is Bloom, says she has to meet up with a few friends, and then Beatrix, Violet, and Dane have a job with Rosalind to do.

"Noooo, let's just stay. Fuck Rosalind and her stupid little jobs," Violet takes Beatrix's last chip as the other girl starts walking to where they're supposed to meet the group while Dane walks ahead, giving the girls some privacy.

"I wish we could, love. I really wish we could just go to your room, eats chips, and just have nothing to worry about but I have magic and you're a warrior, there will never be time for us to just be normal teens," Beatrix's arm wraps around Violet who sways from left to right while walking.

"We could just run away. Go somewhere no one will find us," Violet rests her head against Beatrix's as they watch everyone talk to Sky's cunt of a father. "We'll leave soon enough and it will just be the two of us. No one to bother us. We can go to the Maldives or somewhere lovely like that. Wouldn't that just be perfect?" Beatrix smiles, turning to Violet who nods, a single curl falling in her face. "And we'll swim every day and eat fruit and wear grass skirts like the people in the movies too," Violet smiles, a dimple popping out.

"I would kill to see you in those little grass skirts," Beatrix laughs and Violet does a small dance as Beatrix's fingers play with Violet's vest.

"Violet! Beatrix!" Andreas calls and the two girls rush to his side. "Violet head out with Riven and Dane, you'll ride with the prisoner," he explains and Violet frowns. "The prisoner? You mean Silva?" she asks and Beatrix moves to stand next to her, Riven and Dane doing the same. "Yes,  he is a prisoner, he tried to kill me," Andreas explains and Violet scoffs. "What? Did you hear a different story?" Andreas asks and Violet feels three hands on her.

Beatrix's on her waist, Riven's on her hip, and Dane's on her lower back.

"No, she heard nothing. Come on, let's say goodbye, love," Beatrix slaps the boys' hands away before everyone else heads off and the two girls stay behind.

"I don't use this word lightly but please don't get yourself into trouble," Beatrix takes her hand, and Violet nods, looking away. "Oh my God, did you just lie? I know you lied because you look away when you lie," a small hint of amusement wraps around Beatrix's tone. "I can't just treat Silva like a criminal, alright? He basically raised me. My mum and dad were never there, they just sent money so it was always just me, Sky, and Silva and now I'm just supposed to throw him in jail. I don't know how to stop caring about him," Violet scoffs, and Beatrix nods before pulling something out of her pocket.

A small empty vial.

"I know this is gonna be so fucking hard and I'm sorry you have to do this but just think of us and you'll get through it. Think of the future we'll have once we leave and to remind you, I'll give you this," Beatrix's hand swipes over the empty vial and a small bolt of lighting goes into it. "If you touch it, a small lighting bolt will appear and I hope this gives you the strength to do what you must," Beatrix's eyes go soft and Violet places a small kiss on her lips, resting their heads against one another, leaning on one another for support.

"Because,  Vi, we are all we need anyway," Beatrix whispers, placing the vial in her hand.