chapter four. crush on riven

season one | episode two
no strangers here

Violet pulls her sleeves over her hands as she walks up to Riven and his new friend. "Whos your new pal?" She asks referring to the boy sitting next to Riven. "This is my good friend, Dane. Dane meet Violet," Riven says as Violet gives Dane a small smile.

"Im teaching him about strategy," Riven says as Violet laughs. "What do you know about strategy?" She asks resting her arms on his thighs. "Watch and learn doll," he says as he gets up and she moves to sit next to Dane. "Put on a good show for us," she says as he starts sparing with a guy double his size.

"Do you think Riv will beat him?" Dane asks as Violet gets up. "Do you think you can beat me?" She asks holding her hand out to him. "Probably not," he says as she pulls him up with a laugh. "I'll let you win for Riv's entertainment," she says knowing the young boy wanted approval from Riven but not knowing why in God's name he'd choose to look up or crush on Riven.

Dane swings at her three times but none of them hit her. "I thought you were gonna let me win," Dane complains as Violet shrugs. "I can't just let you punch me, no one will buy it. Try to hit me," she swings a punch and knocks the boy to the ground. "Come on, darling. I think you can do better," she reaches her hand out for him and he grabs it, pulling her closer before putting his foot on her chest and kicking her back. She hits the ground with a thud before Riven rushes over to pull her to her feet.

"You okay?" he asks as she presses her fingers to the back of her head and pulls them away to see blood. "Oh My God, you made me bleed," she looks over at Dane who rushes to her. "Oh my God. I'm so fucking sorry. I didn't mean to, I jury thought it would be harmless," he rants but Violet just puts her bloody hand on his shoulder. "I've never been so proud," she says and then walks away.