10. Tyrants

"Ehm excuse me, I can't accept that.", the person said once he raised his arm, "I can't abandon my comrades, my friends, for my own benefit. My dream is to become a hero! Someone chosen by a deus as beacon of hope, like the Einherjar. I can't give it up for such an unsensual program."

I looked at him and noticed it immediately. This person indeed was someone special. Then unlike the others, one of his ingredients was a person like me, someone from another world who got send here by his own wish.

According to Queen these are named "Travelers". But it looks like this one inherited his ingredients memories... Or maybe he managed to swap places with the fetus inside the sac and was reborn as Synthrexian? Well, it doesn't matter.

"Yeah! I have dreams too!", Another soldier screamed followed by others who done the same.

Soon after more than the half of the people started yelling at me, telling me how unsensual my program is.

I could've killed them all for doing that and force the rest to do it anyways, but not anything can be solved with violence. Such an action would reduce the effect of their training program by more than ninety-eight percent and create a casual, nonspecial, army led by fear alone.

I don't have the need for such a weak army.

It was selfish.

But I wanted an army which was at least as special as myself. And most importantly something not given by me but created by me.

And so, I started.

"I see. You all are seriously ill.", I led out with a sigh at the end as I continued," Leave. Anyone who doesn't want to participate can leave."

The soldiers' eyes opened in shock as they heard what I said.

"I don't need soldiers which rather become the slave of some lesser deity than a being who slaughters those slaves on a daily basis. Just thinking about the fact that you're people of my blood makes me lose hope of this program."

"Huh? What...", The "Hero" Mumbled as he listened to my words.

"But since so many of you dream to become heroes or similar let me ask you this: What makes someone a hero? Is it a flashy armor? A sad backstory? The will to sacrifice himself for others? A legendary sword?"

The people remained silence as they waited for the answer.

"I'll tell you the answer. Being a hero is all about defeating your enemy. The one who manages to kill the villain becomes the hero. It's that simple. If you just want to protect others and sacrifice yourself for them to feel good, then just go to the Police-Brigade."

It was then that the Hero lost himself to anger.

***

"That's wrong... A hero isn't something as egoistic as you mentioned! I grew up watching those heroes fight side by side to free their people! I respect them more than anyone else! They are my superstars!", The future hero screamed as loud as his lungs allowed him to.

Maybe it would mean his execution but he just couldn't let him talk like that about his Stars.

"Hm? Your stars? You mean the Einherjar right?", Abaddon responded before he continued again, "But they didn't win a single fight on their own, right? I'm talking about real Heroes."

"Tch.", Was the only thing that left the hero's mouth since Abaddon was right. "The Einherjar" chosen mortal beings which received the blessing of a deity didn't win a single fight on their own.

'But they're... They're my--"

But before he could even finish his thoughts the king continued, knowing now was the perfect time, "Instead of fighting the root of evil together with my sister and win, I would rather fight alone and lose miserably. Those where the words of the first and strongest Hero Saint Michael, who beat Satan and Lucifer afterwards and became the "First Hero".", He, stated as the screen above him showed them the proof of his words.