chapter 35

With only a week left before the exams Raven took over Ryo's training. Teaching him how to use the culinary universe and match it with the love of the God Tongue. Basically she was teaching him to know his ingredients, Teaching him that they were his friends and that he should treat them with love, care and passion the same way he felt and treated her. After all they weren't just tools but like Raven herself the ingredients are his allies on the battle field.

But more importantly that the ingredients weren't just about making delicious dishes to fill stomachs. But how the ingredients could be used as a canvas to display not only himself but his desires and thoughts he wanted to show his opponent to see and taste.

At Kyokusei Dorm.

After hearing how heart broken her new friends were at the mere thought of their beloved Kyokusei being torn down and the unexpected visit from her father at Kyokusei and finding out that Soma Yukihira was Joichiro Saiba's son.

Seeing the dorm members cook dishes however they wanted made Erina realise that their ways of cooking was what she always wanted. And so took it upon herself to teaching them a long with Alice, Aldini brothers and Ikumi Mito about Hokkaido cooking and ingredients so they would ready to face CENTRAL and her father.

And as pleased as Soma was that Erina was back to her bossy self something still bothered him and the others. And that the fact that no one had seen anything of Akira or Ryo in nearly a month.

While at CENTRAL.

Azami was some what pleased he had found out where his 'beloved' daughter was hiding and he had secured Akira Hayama one of the winners of the fall selection. But there was still one problem Ryo Kurokiba the chef that tide with Akira for first place was still no where to be seen.

If he could get both the King of Aroma and the Black Dragon to join CENTRAL then the rebels wouldn't stand a chance. and his perfect world would be all but secured. He had sent his Elite all over Tokyo to find Kurokiba. Even to Soe and Leonora's mansion for Azami knew Ryo Kurokiba is the aid to his disobedient niece Alice.

Unaware that she had let go of Ryo after she realised he had grown beyond her skill and right to call herself Ryo's master. And completely unaware that the Black Dragon Ryo was already against him and had been for years.

A Week Later.

Finally it was time for the exams to begin all the first year students CENTRAL and rebel alike were on route to Hokkaido. While Ryo travelled via the Totsuki train was accompanied by Raven, Master Senzaemon, Joichiro Saiba and Gin Dojima.

For the members of the rebels they were pitted against and sabotaged right from start. The first test involved the use of salmon which without Ryo's expertise was tough as the rebel were given extremely poor quality fish. But thanks to Erina's training and lessons the test was easily past after they managed to secure a very rare summer catch salmon.

The second test took place in a hotel within Sapporo mountains. This time the rebels sabotage was so blatant as the CENTRAL examiner had the rebels be placed last so any of the ingredients for the test were gone and because it took long them to start a blizzard came up making impossible for them to go buy more.

But again thanks to Erina and the fact that the test was ramen the examiner had over looked one of Hokkaido's specialties Snowfall Udon. And because the CENTRAL students had left the potatoes the rebels pasted.

Having past two of the exams the rebels and Erina were able to relax a little and enjoy Sapporo as Erina allowed them to go have a look round as it would help them. It was here that Raven and Ryo spilt up and agreed to mean up again after the third exam was over. Raven found the train Erina would travelling on and went to one the private sleeping quarters near the back.

Raven made her way down the trains corridor when her eyes were suddenly covered by a pair of hands and a cheerful "Guess Who~?" sounded after. "This is a wild guess but...Rindo?" "Ding ding ding. That's my boss to be!" Raven shook her head at this Rindo was still hung up on that.

Raven and Rindo enjoyed some drinks and much needed food while waiting for Erina's group to board the train.

This was when the Elite ten was sent out to play!

The Third Exam.

As soon has Erina. Soma. Takumi and Megumi were a board the train and began to leave the station Erina received a panicked called From Hisako "Miss Erina?! where are you?" Erina knew if she was out of Hisako sight for a second she start to panic so hearing her panicked voice was nothing new. "Hisako relax. I'm on the train we're leaving the station now".

"That makes no sense! I mean that can't be right. Train left 30 minutes ago!?" Don't look so surprised" Came a voice Erina turned to none other then the number two seat Rindo Kobayashi. "I mean this was meant to happen from the start right? All those who past the first two tests are then spilt up and well...let's just say your next test. Will be yours truly". She said with a fanged smile.

The next day Erina's group found themselves at another beautiful hotel. Takumi and Soma were far to excited about their up coming exams hadn't slept all night while poor Megumi was to nervous to sleep. And Erina was completely indifferent to it all.

The group soon found the court yard where Chef Rindo and to their surprise Shadow/Raven were sat around a table with a massive heating lamp as it was still to cold for Rindo's liking. "Shadow what are you doing here?" asked a very relieved Megumi. "Rindo invited me to come watch. Consider this moral support, So are you ready for your third exam?" There it was again Erina left strangely at ease just by having Shadow be near her.

"That depends, Are we going to be tested fairly or are we going be messed with around with again?" asked Soma. "What are you talking about?" Answered Raven.
"He means. We have been given poor quality ingredients or no ingredients at all!" Answered Takumi who was extremely sceptical of both Rindo and Shadow simply because he hadn't meant her very much at all.

"Oh that. Those conditions if you will, Were thought up by the examiners it had nothing to do the us in the elite ten. And more importantly I don't play tricks okay?" Answered Rindo.
"That's good to know, So what will be our test?" Asked Soma. Raven left the explaining to Rindo since she was one of the tests. "Well sweet little Megumi and Takumi will be facing yours truly, Lady Erina will receiving her test else where" Soon two guard took Erina arm and lead her towards her testing area. "And you Soma Yukihira. Your test is right over there".

Soma turned and there on the balcony was..."Say hello to the new number nine seat of CENTRAL's elite Akira Hayama".