chapter 4

unfortunately for Raven a late night mission for sweet surprise, would see her peaceful yet lonely existence of living unseen to follow her passion for horses and becoming an equestrian champion albeit in the shadows of one of the most prestigious families in the culinary world.
was about to come to an end. as she had unwittingly peaked the interest of Alice's aid.

in the year before high school started,
a few months before Christmas Raven was told by her beloved house staff family that Alice had been invited to stay in the Nakiri mansion a long with her aid Ryo through out holidays,

but actually Alice had made herself an invitation from Erina to her, inviting Alice and Ryo to stay for Christmas. so basically she invited herself much to Erina's annoyance.

Ryo

it was around 10-11ish at night when Alice's long time suffering aid Ryo Kurokiba decided to for wander though the darkened moonlit halls of the mansion in his nightwear which simply consisted of a black tank top and long black sports pants and bare feet, this late night stroll was caused by three reasons.

1, he couldn't sleep

2, the reason why he couldn't sleep, Miss Alice who once again for some strange reason unknown to all but her, had decided she'd prefer his bed to her own.

and now that she finally was comfortable after pushing him out of his bed, by sprawling her arms and legs out into every available space of the bed,

and knowing he would only going to come face to face the white, red eyed demon known as Miss Alice, if he ever tried to disturb her sleep. deciding he didn't want die horribly he opted to go for a walk.

3, all the the times he'd been in the mansion there was area's of it he had never got see thanks to little Miss needy Alice, now was he chance to see what the rest of the mansion look like.

as Ryo continued down the hall it was clear he didn't need the lights.

the windows along hall of the family living quarter's were huge and far too tall to have thick black out curtains,

so instead simple white lace curtains, which because of tiny unseen gaps in the windows frames had wind coming though made them flutter and rise.

let in tons of light even when moon wasn't full like it was now. as he got closer to glass door which opened to the grand staircase and down to foyer and main entrance.

suddenly he came to a stop because though glass of the door,

he saw a beautiful raven-haired girl come up the staircase from first floor, wearing the uniform of Totsuki academy

fortunately for Ryo where he had stopped, in shadow between two of huge windows and his black clothing was making him barely visible to her,

from what he could see she was about the same height as Erina,

and whoever was in charge of oiling the door should be give a raise because thankfully they didn't make sound.

in a few quick steps he was on the half way landing so he get a better look.

now usually Ryo wasn't one to fawn and chasing girls, he didn't have to girls fawned over him of all people,

whenever he had a food war, which ever side of the arena his work space was on, the crowd surround it was always full of girls cheering for him,

trying to get his attention, as if they could they ever be of interest to him.

and he wouldn't be shy about crushing a girl dreams of dating him by telling her straight he wasn't interested,

especially girls from totsuki to Ryo they weren't potential girlfriends they were just like the guys, they were the competition that needed to be crushed.

but even though this girl clearly went to totsuki because her uniform Ryo wasn't thinking about food wars and competition now

all he could think about was how this exquisitely beautiful girl, who was clearly living in the mansion that he had visited so many time before had gone unnoticed

he watched in silent fascination as the unknown raven-haired beauty quickly and quietly made her way up the rest stairs only disappeared down the dark adjacent hall leading towards the servant quarters.

Ryo just stood there in the shadows with all sorts of question about this girl flooding his brain. who was she? what's her name? but the most important question. how to get close to her?

suddenly the mansion clock struck quarter past, Ryo hadn't realised he was stood in same spot for a full 15 minutes thinking about her.

so snapping out of it he turned around to go back to bed, but with Miss Alice in his bed the only choice was to take the bed Miss Alice had abandoned for his.

has he laid down to sleep one thought entered his mind, and being that he was the ever determined Ryo Kurokiba, That the very next day as soon as Miss Alice let him go.

His search for the raven-haired dream would begin and no matter how long it would took.

RYO WOULD FIND HER!.