• Prologue •

⎯⎯ ୨ THIRD PERSON'S ୧ ⎯⎯

The crisp June air of Ålesund swirled around Clementine's hair like an eager child tugging on braids. Back in her Norwegian hometown, the fjords gleamed under the midnight sun, a stark contrast to the neon cityscape of Seoul she'd called home for the past year. Today, though, home wasn't just a cozy cabin nestled among snow-capped peaks; it was a boisterous whirlwind of aunts, uncles, and cousins crammed into the familiar living room of her aunt Seraphina's ( her mother's eldest sister ) Vacation House . Her extended family, a boisterous bunch of aunts, uncles, cousins, and even cousins once removed, awaited her with open arms and wider smiles. This is a rare sight to see-her paternal side of the family being complete.

As to why her Aunt Seraphina is present, it's because she married her uncle Silas who surprisingly is the older brother of her Father. Yes ladies and gentlemen, two sisters married off in the same family✨️

The moment she stepped through the doorway, a chorus of excited greetings erupted, tinged with an unmistakable curiosity that Clementine knew all too well. Her half-Asian heritage guaranteed it. Before she could even exhale, Aunt Astrid's voice boomed, "Clementine, my dear! Tell us everything! Soulmates? Boys? Debut plans?"

"Clementina, have you met your soulmate yet?" Her own Mom wondered anxiously.

"Really, mom? You're anxious? I should be the one to feel anxious-I'm the one who's being questioned here" clementine said in her mind.

" Baby sis, are there any boys who have captured your interest or who have caught your eye, perhaps?" Her fourth older brother, Trevor inquired.

Here we go again, self *internally lets out a scream*

"Is there any new information you'd like us to know, clementina?" questioned by her other eldest brother (younger twin) Bridger.

" The only information I have is that you bombarded me with questions about boys--rather than asking how I am and oh, I don't know, probably a 'welcome home' or a 'glad you're home' sentence?" She whispered, low-key annoyed.

"How's Korea, cupcake? Have you met any new people?" Her older twin, Maverick, inquired.

At this point, she's just trying to keep her patience at bay, which is wearing thin by now. Clementine rolled her eyes, a familiar grin tugging at her lips. This, right here, was the reason she usually dreaded family gatherings. They skipped formalities like hellos and went straight for the jugular-The first question, true to form, wasn't a simple "Hi, how was the flight?" It was, "So, Clementine, tell us about your soulmates! How many are there? Any handsome ones?"It was enough to make anyone roll their eyes, even a girl with the emotional bandwidth of a superhero.