Their World

Arsalan was irritated to be called to Islamabad from the farms. He is not much of a city boy especially since he came back from Ireland after completing his degree in Pomology and Agriculture. He had always stayed in the farms in the out skirts of Islamabad. He had his own cottage and his own rules in his realm. Arsalan Abbas was not fond of sudden intrusions. 

Arsalan thought about the phone call he got from his uncle a day before as he leisurely drove through the motorway.

"You have to come here Arsalan. We need to discuss a lot." Fakir Abbas, Arsalan's Uncle and his only surviving relative, had said

"God! Chachu, what's so urgent that I have to be there now?...You know it's harvesting season, I can't leave the farms now." Arsalan had protested.

"You have employed the best Arsalan, is there no you can leave the farm to for a day or two?" Interjected Fakhir knowing fully well that Arsalan is only being whiny because he didn't want to come to the city.

"I like things to be done directly under my supervision." Arsalan reasoned

"Oh, cut it Arsalan. I need you here and I am not listening to anymore of your lame excuses." Fakhir declared firmly and then Added, "I am waiting for you, come soon."

The line went blank.

Arsalan threw his phone on the passenger seat annoyed at his uncle, but he knew he couldn't refuse him. The reason he would not disregard his Uncles command wasn't because he feared him or because Fakhir Abbas was the CEO of their family business and in a position of power. No, instead he would simply listen to him because he loved him too much and he was the only family he had.

13 years ago the fate of Abbas Family changed when the head of the family and then CEO of the company, Mr. Jalil Abbas died in a plan crash along with his wife Syra, leaving a 17- year old son and a 30 year old Brother to look after the huge business and each other. Arsalan thought about Fakhir and the sacrifices he made for him. Fakhir had been the same age as Arsalan was now when the burden and responsibility of running a business and bringing up a cranky teenage boy fell on him. Arsalan couldn't even fathom how he must had felt, and amazed at the fact that Fakhir didn't break. Even though his marriage did.

Arsalan brought his attention away from family tragedies and towards the breathtakingly beautiful landscape he was passing right then . He was a nature lover, couldn't resist admiring all the glory nature was manifesting on him right then. 

A quiet and introverted nice guy who is deeply involved in managing the production and agriculture wing of his family business. As a member of a long-established family enterprise focused on the production and export of premium quality fruits, Arsalan takes great pride in continuing the legacy that has been passed down through generations. Arsalan was an excellent pomologist and the agriculture techniques he had learned during his studies abroad really helped him in his field of work. Since the day Arsalan assumes his duties as the operational lead of production and agriculture department, he had proved to be an asset and their yields have increased 3 folds. 

It has started to drizzle and Arsalan slowed his car more, barely meeting the speed limit now. Yes, he would follow his Uncles command and be there for him but, What's the hurry!

     ********************************************************************************************

Fakhir Abbas was in his huge office in the city of Islamabad, Standing at an average height, he carries himself with an air of confidence and style that catches the attention of those around him. His impeccably tailored suits and colorful ties reflect his flamboyant nature, always wanting to stand out from the crowd.  However, his friendly personality shines through in his interactions with others. He has a genuine warmth that instantly puts people at ease, making him approachable and easy to talk to.

But above all, behind his charismatic exterior lies a depth that can be seen in his compassionate eyes. Fakhir's eyes reveal a profound sense of empathy and understanding, indicative of the past traumas he has experienced. These traumas have shaped him into a resilient and compassionate individual. However, right then he felt unsure of the decision he is about to take, or rather had already taken but was waiting to inform his nephew and in all honestly, was dreading his reaction.

Fakhir was making strategies in his head to present the situation to Arsalan in a plausible way. Fakhir loved Arsalan, he had been his son, his prodigy and his only family for many years now. But, sometimes he was such a tough nut, it annoys Fakhir. But, decisions needed to taken and changes needed to be made, Fakhir thought firmly, and it is for the good of the family and their legacy.

      ***************************************************************************************************************** Please Read and give feed back!