Homecoming

Wania was driving her car at a speed of 150mph. She always was a fast driver. Well, Wania was fast everything, the people in Ghani industries named her "the rollercoaster" and that she was. As a Lead PR executive at a big firm at the age of 28 is remarkable and she didn't achieve all this by sticking to her seat at the lavish office of Ghani Industries. Granted she was always going to be part of Ghani Industries, one might call her the Heiress of the Ghani empire, but Wania knew merit and also understands how much M.S Ghani the owner of Ghani Industries values it. So, nepotism wasn't at play here. However, a lot of people who hate Wania's guts were blabbering about her merits behind her back. But, as long as the voices are behind her, she didn't care and the moment they are dared to be spoken in front of her, she had the ability to turn those voices into inaudible whispers.

She was driving back to their Family Mansion from a very successful auction arranged by the Ghani's for the fundraising of orphanages they were running in different parts of Pakistan. It also served as a very blatant promotion event for the Ghani Industries' newest campaign. Wania meticulously planned everything to kill two birds with one stone. 

Ghani Industries was one of the leading, most successful and oldest food industries. They deal with the production of fruit Jams, Jellies, and Marmalades as well as fruit spreads. They import premium quality fruits for their product and hadn't compromised the quality for 100 years. Their legacy is more important than the pressures of the corporate world. However, Wania understands the pressure and the corporate world well and deals with it accordingly.

Wania hadn't been to her family mansion in a  month despite living in main Islamabad city, some 20 miles away from her family home but work had occupied her all that while and now she can't wait to go and tell the success story of the recent event.

      *****************************************************************************************

Muhammad Shahnawaz Ghani was waiting for Wania eagerly, he had been informed about the successful auction event already, not that he wasn't proud of Wania before but now he's been thinking about retiring altogether. Although, he knew it wasn't an easy task and burdening Wania with the operations of a huge empire suddenly would be unfair. So, he is planning big changes for the sake of Wania and Alya and his legacy. However, the changes would not necessarily be taken graciously by any of them.

He also thought about his daughter Alya, lovely, polite Alya, who never was interested in business, all she ever wanted was a happy home but fate hadn't granted her the pleasure of a simple wish. Yes, marrying a careless womanizer at the age of 18 was her mistake, but how long will she suffer? Despite not having lived with Irfan Raza, her husband, for 15 years she was still unable to convince herself for a divorce, much to Muhammad Shanawaz and Wania's disappointment. Maybe, Shahnawaz thought, Alya believes she deserved the torment for her wrong decisions but he thought otherwise and it was time to make things right for his daughter, even if she herself wasn't ready.

     ****************************************************************************************

Alya, was busy in the kitchen and preparing Wania's favourites as she was about to arrive any minute. She hadn't met her in a month and couldn't wait to see her. Wania was her pride and joy, the only good thing that came out of her marriage with Irfan Raza. At 46 Alya, was a petite woman with greying hair from her temples and a few strands from the front but she looked graceful, which she certainly was. The graceful hostess of Ghani Mansion was always prim and proper but never authoritative.

She heard one of the maid announce that Wania had arrived and leapt out of her chair to greet her child at the entrance.

"Assalaam O Alaikum!...how are you my jaan. I missecyou so much" Alya exclaimed in excitement.