Chp 2: World Beneath Our Feet Part 2

YN POV

Its only been a hour since Eli won and earn his first slug. Though I gotta admit, he sure does learn fast in dueling. Maybe at this rate I might challenge him in a duel whether its in the tournament or not.
But that could wait in a bit, gotta earn some new slugs if I'm ever gonna duel him. Right now, Kord, Trixie and I are at the next cavern for the tournament. Wait, I'm forgetting something.

YN: Hold on, has anybody seen Eli?

Trixie: Uh, last time I saw him, he said he's gonna take a shortcut with Pronto help.

Kord: Speaking of which, there they are.

3rd POV

Eli and Pronto arrive by climbing from the lava.

Eli: Whoa. (Excited.) Cool!

Kord: Hey, what took you so long?

Eli: Molten lava, razor sharp cliffs and a molenoid with a constant need for pit stops

YN: So you guys took the long way?

Trixie: (Confused.) Why didn't you just take the road?

Eli: Wait, there was a road!?

YN: Well yeah, we even followed other competitives.

Pronto: Ah, when you're with Pronto, you don't need roads. A good reason to bring me along with you when soon you are out fighting evil.

Kord: All that matters now is you made it. The only questions is, who are you gonna duel first?

Eli looks around and see a lot of professional slug slingers that are prepared for the next match as one if them shoots a Thresher slug at the target which ends up loosing its head.

Kord: Just try not to die, that would be bad.

YN: That goes for your slugs too.

Eli was scared when he heard Kord and YN say that. He and Pronto then walked towards the area where most competitors were gathered.

Pronto: Stay close. These lava lakes can be very unpredictable.

The lava lake beside them exploded and showered lava at them. Pronto screamed and the two of them managed to dodge in time.

Eli: Okay, that was kinda scary. But, also kinda awesome. What'd they do? Pick the most dangerous cavern they could find?

Pronto: Oh-hoho, don't be silly! Each round of the tournament is hosted by a different cavern. They're probably saving the truly deadly ones for last.

They had reached the gathering area.

Eli: Hey Kord, uh, what's everyone standing around for? Shouldn't we be getting ready or something?

Kord: That's the thing. They don't announce the match-ups or the type of contest until the very late minute. I have no idea if I need to be getting ready for a sharp-shooting contest or a mechaback duel.

YN: don't forget about eating contest.

Kord: It could be anything!

YN: I don't have to worry, we just gotta be ready for whatever they throw at us.

Pronto: Leave it to me. I will use my expert skills in persuasion to find out early.

Pronto started walking a few steps forward before they hear the announcement.

Host: Attention! The first round of the tournament would be one-on-one duels.

Pronto walked back to the group and waved for them to lean in.