Hidden in Plain Sight

You stood in utter shock at the monstrosity before you. What the fuck was it?! What even was this place?! There was an entire other country below the dungeon, as far as you could tell, and with this new country there were brand new monstrosities that defied all logic and understanding. This place shouldn't exist. That thing shouldn't exist! But they did, and while you were standing in the midst of a stinking, rotting, impossible city standing before you waited yet another creature that would surely mangle and maim you in much the same way that your less fortunate comrades have been murdered before your eyes. Only one of your shield brothers remained and he incessantly pulled on your arm in an attempt to wake you from your stupor.

"What the fuck are you doing?! We've gotta move! NOW-!" His harsh tone was quickly choked back as the gangly creature began to walk it's too long, one too many limbs in a disjoined and very unsettling pattern right down the narrow alleyway they stood it.

You both were frozen in fear. The closer it got, the more you could make out the nearly human features of its face. Nearly... but not quite. It was grotesque in every sense of the word, almost... effeminate but also distinctly masculine. Androgynous but it was somehow at both extremes of either gender and somewhere between them both, a concept that was alien to you and left you feeling deeply unnerved. Yet you couldn't take your eyes off of it. Your eyes flicked down its bare body and you immediately regretted it.

"W-Wha- t-the fuck...?" He saw it too. Your companion, Frederick muttered under his breath. He saw it too, that... thing between its legs. Not a penis, certainly not a vagina, it was a... sagging sack of- Oh God you think you're about to be sick.

The creature's lips seemed to have an ever present smile ghosting its full lips. Its eyes were slightly sunken into its head, giving it the illusion of having dark coloured eye makeup around its sockets. An almost healthy dusting of flush covered its cheek, and from its face alone you could have mistaken them for an odd human being, but the spikes about its head and... everything else made it so there was no mistaking it for anything other than a monster of a time long forgotten. It fluttered its eyelashes at you (if the thing even had any-) and blinked at the two of you. Slowly. Regarding you two as it began to hum softly to itself.

Frederick tugged on your arm again, though it was significantly weaker than from before. Your sword was loosely gripped in your hand, loose enough that its tip landed on the ground with a near deafening thud as the noise ricocheted off the empty streets of the dead city. It startled you enough that you and Frederick both regained your composers but it was already too late. This thing was already a mere few feet from where you both stood and now there was only one of two things the two of you could do:

Run or fight.

You raised your sword with a trembling hand and weakly called out "S-Stay where you are! D-Don't come any closer!" Frederick backed you up with his own sword, his more steady but still had the same trembling quality that yours did. The creature didn't move any closer but it didn't move away, either. It softly giggled to itself, something gentle, like a bell, and nearly childlike though there was something terribly sinister hidden underneath its tone.

"Didn't you hear them?! They said 'FUCK OFF!' We'll kill you where you stand, monster!" His voice is loud enough to echo throughout the city and your gut suddenly twists in fear. What if something else heard him?! The gangly thing seemed to pout a little, its shoulders slumping and its limbs going limp. A soft whine escaped its throat and for the briefest of moments... you actually felt sorry for the unfortunate being.