Chapter 1

Severus was at dinner, today was December 5th. None of the other Slytherins really liked Severus, so he just sat alone. Him and Lily had made up in the beginning of sixth year which was last year. But students weren't allowed to sit at tables that weren't their own house.

As soon as Severus finished eating he stood up, picking up his school bag. He was almost out the Great Hall doors when Lily came running over to him. "Sev! Hey, I was wondering if we could do some studying together. I have a potions essay due and I know how good you are at potions." Severus rolled his eyes knowing that Lily was perfectly capable of writing it herself, but preferred to do it with him.

"Whatever Lily." He chuckled. "Seems that Potter has been trying a lot more lately to ask you out." Severus said, looking at the Gryffindor Chaser that was waving at Lily. Lily just groaned at name. "You know I'll never feed into his annoying attempts to ask me on a date." She said walking out the door, Severus right behind her.

When Severus and Lily first met Severus had a huge crush on her. But as they grew older he realized it was love for a best friend and not love for a lover. Lily had also realized that she seemed to lean towards girls and Severus towards boys.

"You're sure? Even if you don't like him, do you have any love interest right now? I remember you mentioning that you lean towards women." He asked. "Well, there is this one girl. Mary Macdonald. She's in my house and we're friends but I wish it to be more than friends." Lily said under her breath.

"Well Mary is a very lucky girl if she has Lily Evans's eye on her," He smiled to reassure her, "In fact anyone would be lucky to have you as a partner." He finished. It seemed Lily could've cried happy tears.

"When did you become so sweet, Sev?" She giggled, kissing him on the cheek.

"Hey did you hear the rumor," Lily started as Severus rolled his eyes, "Students have been seeing a child walking around campus." She squealed, clinging onto Severus' arm. "We're at school, everyone here is literally a child." His eyes furrowed.

"You know what I mean!" She said, hitting him on top of his head with a book. "Even if there was a child under eleven that could be impossible, unless it's newly borned by a seventh or sixth year. But you said it walked?" He explained.

"Yes, they've seen a child walking around. Maybe someone's brother or sister snuck into their sibling's trunk and let loose." She said thinking aloud. "It's December don't you think they would've noticed?" Severus said, shocked by the amount of stupidity that had overcome Lily.

Lily and Severus had entered the library, almost no one was there since everyone was still at dinner. They chose a table at the very back of the library, the same place that they made up at.

Severus pulled out his book while Lily pulled out a scroll and a quill. They both worked on the essay for about three hours until they finally finished. "I feel like I could pass out. We've been working on this essay forever." Lily exclaimed, leaning back in her chair, her eyes closed.

"You're being dramatic, that was easy. You're lucky I helped you, if you didn't have me to help you, you would've been kicked from that slug club." Severus sneered. "I think I want that to happen, he only lets people with a great amount of power into his little club. Not sure how I ended up in it." She ranted.

"Speaking of the Slug Club, isn't his Christmas party coming soon, do you think you might ask Mary." He smirked at her teasingly. "I would have to start talking to her more before I do that. If anything I'll take you, as a friend of course."    

"Uh, no you won't. I'm not going to one of those stupid parties. In case you didn't know Potter is in the club. He'll most definitely make fun of my robes." The Slytherin spoke, gesturing to himself. "Yea, you're probably right." She said with her head in her hands.