5 hours...

"What do you think about Myra Levi?" Zahara asked Teagan.

The detective yawned and stretched her arms. "Seems pretty solid. Her alibi is the detective herself."

"But she could have come back though."

"I don't know. She doesn't look like the type to get her hands dirty. She'd probably be too lazy to do it anyway."

"Yeah." Zahara chuckled. "So, now we go over everyone's statements?"

"Well, actually, the Prosecutor sent me a text message. He said to call him after we were done with Myra."

"Okay." Zahara nodded and Teagan tapped the dial icon on her phone.
Noah answered on the second ring. 'Teagan. Are you ladies done?'

"Yes sir. You're on speaker." Teagan responded.

"Hello detective," Zahara said. "We were about to go through all the statements."

'Well, before you do that. There is one suspect you forgot."

"Who?" Zahara's face contorted.

"You, Zahara," Noah answered.

"Me? Why... why?"

"Because you're the main suspect of the investigation," Teagan answered, realisation dawning on her.

"Exactly," Noah said. "Teagan, I want you to question her and keep the phone on because I want to hear this."

"Sir, this is my investigation," Zahara protested. You can't take it over and treat me as a suspect."

"Zahara, when this investigation began all eyes were in you," Teagan explained. "You need to make a statement in the shoes of a suspect in order for us to believe you. And for all we know, you could be taking us on a ride."

"Are you actually turning on me right now?" Zahara raised both her eyebrows.

"We are helping you Zahara. For us to find this person, your statement needs to be here as well," Noah said. "You're a victim, a witness, but also a suspect. Do you understand?"

"Fine," Zahara huffed.

"Please sit over there." Teagan gestured to the chair on the opposite side of the table. Zahara moved and sat herself there. Taking deep breaths.

"Let's start," Teagan sat up straight and moved the phone to the centre of the table for Noah to hear them both.
"Zahara Jeri, tell us how you met Ezra Levi..."

ZAHARA JERI

'I had no idea that he was a Levi. I mean, I had heard of Ezra Levi before, but I had never bothered to look him up or anything like that. At the time I was just not interested in the Levis. When he introduced himself to me as Ezra, I did not think that he was Ezra Levi. I thought he was a very handsome, but regular Ezra.
We exchanged phone numbers and got to talking. He was always finding things to debate with me about, he would never shut up. Every time we met up my heart got excited, and the way he would smile as he walked up to me had my insides melting.
As for dating, we started about a month after we met. It was on the day I discovered who he really was. His father came to my house with a few of his bodyguards.

"Can I help you?" I asked at the door and they pushed past me.
"Excuse me, you can't just barge into my house like that."

The old man looked around my house with an expression that screamed disapproval.

"Can I help you?" I asked again.

The man sat down.

"Homie," Ezra's voice sounded as he walked down the stairs. "This Oh So Heavenly body wash smells Oh So Heavenly. I think..." He stopped talking when he noticed the man sitting on the couch, and his expression changed. I had only ever seen glimpses of this expression. Like when he would keep quiet and be so lost in thought. It was an expression devoid of any emotion. I had never paid much attention to it, but that day it really scared me.