Chapter 8: All eyes on me

________________________________________

Summary: Giyuu is brought in for questioning.

TW: VOMIT AND MENTIONS OF BLOOD

________________________________________

Two days later, Giyuu woke up to the sound of bells chiming. An alarm to signal him that someone is at his front gate. GIyuu rubbed his eyes and called out "Kanza-" Oh, right...

Kanzaburo died. He's dead. And I had to bury him.

The night Kanzaburo died, Giyuu held a small funeral for him and made him a gravestone which took up until sunrise. He buried the crow and prayed, practically crying himself to sleep.

Giyuu rubbed his eyes and stood up. He stretched and got into some of his usual clothes. He'll worry about getting a new messenger crow later. Right now he felt like he was about to throw up.

Stupid curse, stupid family stupid fucking everything.

He hated it. Taking pills every morning, and these ratchet blue spider lilies. Because of them, this entire thing happened.

Giyuu never knew how the flower that caused his entire life, his entire family's life, bring life to people with just a petal. Whatever, he thought. Giyuu got up and started walking to the kitchen, wanting some tea but then hearing the bell ring again.

How annoying.

He quickly went out the front door and down the mountainside without a choice.

He reached the tall gate and unlocked it. Once he opened the gate he saw at least three Kakuchi at his doorstep. Giyuu sighed and asked, "What's this about?" The female kakuchi explained to him.

"Pardon me, Tomioka-sama but by the orders of the master we must tie you up and bring you to his estate now," She said. The water hashira just stared blankly. It was about time at least

He complied and let them tie him up, not bothering to oppose and they all started walking to the Ubuyashiki estate.

He sighed

'This ought to be a long day'

Once he arrived, all the hashira's were gathered there. Them again? Seriously, I never seem to have a break with these people.

He also noticed that Kagaya was there. Along with his two daughters. Giyuu felt a sense of guilt wash over him as he felt like he betrayed his master.

No, betrayal requires me to do something against the corps. What I did was break their trust.

Not like I can do anything to get it back.

The Kakuchi continued to guide him and made him kneel between the hashira's and the ledge where the master was sitting.

All eyes were on him.

Then, he heard Kagaya speak "Let us begin. Tomioka Giyuu, you've been presented to be with Kibutsuji Muzan. His scent and yours are confirmed to be mixed with this letter as evidenced by Tanjiro" Giyuu then glanced at the boy-Tanjiro-who was on the sidelines, watching, feeling guilty. His face looked like he wanted to apologize, but Giyuu didn't care.

Instead, the water hashira chose to ignore him.

He felt the people behind him tense up at the mention of Muzan's name. He could hear their whispers. Giyuu felt something build up inside him. He prayed it wasn't blood or flowers, not now.

He just watched as Kagaya continued "As of now, you are deemed suspicious by the corps. But since you, Tomioka, have been serving us for years and have been a great help as well as a friend to us, I will give you the chance to explain. Please clarify why is it that Kibutsuji Muzan himself is scented all over this letter."