CHAPTER 6: I fucked up

Summary: Giyuu returns to the Water estate. He finds his beloved crow almost dead. He takes him to the Butterfly estate only to get cornered. What the hell went wrong while he was away? 

_____________________________________________________

  Hopping from building to building, tree to tree, Giyuuu went into the night. After saying his goodbye to Fuyumi, he requests Nakime to send him off, now he's been making his way back to his 'ramshackle' home.

Turning left and entering a mountain gate, he slowed down a bit making his way up the mountain, being careful in the dark.

'Maybe I shouldn't have stormed off like that' He thought, but quickly shook his head. 'Nah, he'll be fine' Soon enough, he saw the red rooftop of his home

His house was a simple one, other than the fact that it was a whole mansion. A mix of modern and traditional with a lake and garden, left to him by Muzan. Seriously, that guy is all kinds of extravagant. What was that word Tengen used? Flamboyant? Either way, this would be something he would consider "Flashy"

But something that not even Muzan knows is this. Inside his small garden, there's a gate. And inside that gate there are stairs, follow the light below the stairs and you'll find it. A door leading to another garden with hundreds of beds of spider lilies along with a table of chemicals and bookshelves surround everything.

Oh, what Muzan would give if just to find these.

After arriving, he settled down. Taking off his haori and unbuttoned his demon slayer uniform. He decided to change the uniform into something more comfortable. Baggy pants and a sleeveless turtleneck should do, it is rather hot out.

After setting the kettle he filled it with water and placed it on the stove, to heat it up.

Once he was finished preparing, he left the water to boil and went into his room. The moment he opened the door his eyes widened. His crow-Kanzaburo-was a mess, he can see feathers all over the place, and the crow had a few bald spots and the smell of dried blood.

Quickly, he rushed towards his crow "Kanzaburo!" He yelled, he frantically looked around the room to look for a first-aid kit. Soon enough, his eyes landed on the closet door and he slid it open.

Giyuu grabbed the first aid and set it beside the crow. "It's ok, it's ok, are you ok?" He asked, getting some cotton and bandages. Kanzaburo twitched a bit "Kwak.." It said weakly.

The water hashira quickly calmed down and instructed the crow not to talk much. He cleaned up some of the wounds and grabbed a popsicle stick to straighten out his wing and carefully wrapped a bandage around it.

"This won't do..." He mumbled "I need to take you to Kocho-san"

He gazed at the window. It was late at night and he was exhausted, not to mention Kocho might be on a mission herself. He looked at Kanzaburo again and back at the window. Eventually, he sighed and stood up

"There must be at least someone in the mansion to help!" Giyuu carefully placed the crow down on a soft pillow and ran toward the closet to put on whatever he first laid his eyes on. Not even bother checking, grabbed a bag, and filled it with everything he need.

A book, medicine, and some vile. He quickly grabbed a box and set it up with small pillows and cloth, he carefully picked up Kanzaburo and placed him inside

"Not to worry, you'll get help soon" He whispered and looked around to see if he missed anything. He looked at a necklace that had a key attached to it

'The key to the lab' he put it on and grabbed his coat from the coat hanger

"Hold on tight Kanzaburo" He went to the kitchen and turned off the stove. 'Tea can wait'