Chapter 2 ~ The Paris Opera House

Ryleigh's POV
I woke up to someone shaking my shoulder and whispering my name repeatedly. I opened my eyes and saw the early morning light streaming through the windows of an unfamiliar room. I looked over to the person that had been shaking me and saw that it was Katelyn.

"Where are we?" I whispered to her.

"Well...it would appear that we're in the ballet dormitories of the Palais Garnier." She replied, a look of curiosity and awe on her face.

"The P-Palais Garnier? As in, the Paris Opera House, Palais Garnier?" I asked in shock.

"Yep. Don't ask me how we got here because I have no clue. But I found this newspaper, and the date is April 5, 1881" Katelyn replied, her eyes scanning over the pages.

"1881...oh my God. Didn't 'Phantom' take place in 1881?" I said, still in shock. How on Earth did we go back in time?

"I'm pretty sure. But wait, if Masquerade happened on New Year's Eve, and it was 6 months after 'Il Muto,' which would be June, then right now they should be in rehearsals for 'Hannibal!'" She exclaimed quietly.

I sat there, a flurry of emotions coursing throughout my head. I actually had a chance to meet "The Phantom of the Opera?!" He would never love me, though. He'd probably Punjab me the second we met. But then I remembered my wish from the night before.

"K-Katelyn? You don't think that last night when I wished for an Angel of Music we went back in time, do you? P-pinch me." I said both excitedly and nervously.

"Only one way to find out" She said, smirking as she reached over and pinched me on the arm. I felt a sharp pain as she did so, and I pulled my arm back.

"Ow! Never do that again!" I said, but then I realized that all of this wasn't a dream.

"Well, now we know that this is real" she said, chuckling slightly.

I looked around and realized that all of the other ballet rats were sleeping soundly on the little twin beds that were placed throughout the room. That is, they were until Madame Giry came in the room. She was about to bang her staff on the floor when she noticed that Katelyn and I were sitting up and not sleeping.

"Ryleigh, Katelyn, how long have you two been awake?" She asked curiously.

"Just a few minutes, Madame. We woke up early" Katelyn replied, probably knowing that I would start having a fangirl attack if I tried to say anything. She was the more calm and collected of us. I was usually serious, but not when I was face to face with one of the characters from my favorite musical of all time.

"Well, time to get up for rehearsals, girls. And make sure to wear your costumes, today we're having dress rehearsals for 'Hannibal'" she said, and I felt my heart skip a beat as she banged her staff on the floor to wake the other dancers.

"Costumes?"

"Hannibal?" We said to each other at the same time. Then I looked over to a closet in the corner and noticed that Slave Girl costumes were hanging there with name tags on them. The two of us walked over there are retrieved ours. We eventually got them on, having to help each other a little bit. A few dancers said hi to us and I tried my best to talk to them, having no idea who they were. That is, until Meg Giry and Christine Daaé started walking towards us.