Chapter 22 ~ Together

Erik's POV
I sighed in relief as she said yes and we passionately kissed, both of us happier than we had ever been in our lives. Eventually we both pulled away, gasping for air as we smiled lovingly at each other. "I love you so much, Ryleigh" I said as I breathed heavily, moving to sit on the edge of her bed and face her.

"I love you, too, Erik" she said, doing her best to curl up in my arms. I heard her sigh in contentment, and I smiled softly down at her.

"You know, you're beautiful, even when you're recovering from being shot and coming out of a coma" I told her, stroking her hair affectionately. I saw her blush slightly as I complimented her.

"Thank you, Erik. But I want you to know that I think you are beautiful, no matter what your face looks like" she replied, gazing up at me with love evident in her eyes.

"Ryleigh, what did I ever do to deserve you?" I asked her, and I meant it. She was an Angel, I was a monster sent from hell. My own mother was horrified the moment that she laid eyes on me.

"You didn't have to do anything, Angel. I love you more than anything, and nothing will ever change that" she said, smiling up at me.

"I love you too, but it is you who are the Angel" I sighed, my fingers still softly stroking her curls.

"Stop complementing me, Erik" she chuckled. "I'll die of blushing if you keep it up!"

"I like complementing you, though. You deserve it after all of the hardships in your life."

"But you deserve complements too, Erik. My life has been paradise compared to yours, and I feel terrible when I even think about how much I used to complain about my life" she said sadly.

"Ryleigh, dear, it is perfectly okay. Your life has been just as bad as mine, although it was in different ways. But you know what?"

"What?"

"We found each other, and because of that, we'll be just fine" I said, wrapping my arms around her tightly as I stroked her back lovingly.