{24}

This night I dropped her off at her dorms for the night, it the first night in 6 months she had slept at her dorm. I wanted her always. I had to go to this party with my buddy Tyler, he was my best friend and he didn't know about Rose yet.

I got dressed into a pretty nice suite and drove to the venue it was held in a old mansion, it was beautiful. Dark, I always loved darker houses. We met there and he was in a bad mood already which sucked because when he gets into a bad mood we always end up fighting.

I grabbed a drink and talked to a few people about work and irrelevant things. Because of where I was, I needed a body guard. Everyone had one in case, a shit load if rich people in one place sounds amazing for people to do stupid shit.

I needed a break from talking to people who only cared about money and came out into the garden. And sat down, Tyler came out angry. He walked over to me and smelled like liquor and a lot of it. Shit. He was pissed about what some guy had said to him. His girlfriend came out soon after, she was beautiful, she had long brown hair and really pretty green eyes. She had a peacefulness about her that everyone seemed to like. She didn't care about Ty's money she loved him unconditionally. That's special, yes it's great to be privileged they way we are but it comes with a lot of shit. Lots of people that use you. It's why most rich people are lonely.

She tried grabbing him but he shoved her off which caused to trip. He never said what this guy had said. I got up and helped her up

"You okay" I asked

She nodded and backed away from us. Tyler turned around and walked over to me.

"FUCK" he yelled

"Dude sit down, what happened" I asked

He pointed at us

"You guys are having a affair" Tyler yelled, he walked over to me and got in my face. He's a angry drunk.

"Definitely not bro, I'm gonna get you some coffee" I said

"Love, we are definitely not fucking. Just sit, okay love" Joy said trying to get him to calm down

As I turned around he moved her and grabbed the back of my suite and turned me around, then punched me.

"Tell me the truth" he said quietly

"Joy leave" I said staring at him

He looked even angrier, there was nothing I could say that would make him think otherwise.

"I have a girlfriend" I said

He laughed "no you don't"

"Rose" I said

"Your fucking student" he said

"Yes" I said

He didn't believe me, he punched me again. I didn't know how to make him come back to reality.  So I punched him back. My guard saw it and came out, the fight exploded. He grabbed my neck, telling me to get my gauged to go away.

I got scared of  Ty, I had never seen him this angry before.

I went in for another punch, then I felt something hard on my stomach. I looked down a gun. Shit. My guard gave him a warning and Tyler turned around.

"What the fuck are gonna about it." Tyler said waving the gun in guards face.

Then a Tyler shot the gun, missed. Then another shot. Joy fell, she got in between Tyler and the gun. As she fell he went down with her and I thought they both got hit. But she died almost immediately, he screamed for help. I ran for help, when she was taken away, he made sure I didn't get in trouble for what had happened. I didn't kill her, my guard did. He at that point must have sobered up.

"You took everything from me, I'm going to take everything from you." He said.

I went home and thought about what he could take forgetting I had told him about Rose.