Chapter 13: Mr. Arrogant & Indira

The situation on Long Island had been growing more and more dire by the day. The breach in Don Salvatore's cyber security company had been a disaster, leaving the business vulnerable to hackers, malicious actors, and worse. Don Arturo's business had suffered tremendously as well, only further heightening the sense of urgency. Every day since the breach had been filled with panic, confusion, and fear. Indira was tasked with leading the investigation into the breach and understanding the situation. Her team had been working around the clock for weeks, but with no leads or answers in sight, it was becoming increasingly clear that the breach was more complex than initially estimated. After hours of brainstorming and research, Indira had narrowed the causes down to three possibilities.

"This is really a really tough one to solve. The hacker really knows what he's/she's, bitch's doing. But I know how to expose this culprit. Just watch out." Indira thought to herself as she tried to motivate herself to do her job precisely.

One of the most likely explanations was that the breach had originated from within the company, potentially the result of an inside job. It seemed plausible that someone working in the company had used their access to the company's systems and data to cause a massive data leak. This theory was further supported because several employees had suddenly quit without giving notice or warning. The second explanation was that the breach had resulted from a targeted attack. With the amount of data that had been exposed, it was possible that the attack had been carefully planned and executed by a malicious actor. The investigation team could not determine the source of the attack, but whoever had been behind it had known exactly what they were looking for and how to get it.

The third and final possibility was that the breach had resulted from a combination of both internal and external factors. With the complexity of the attacks and the amount of data that had been exposed, it was possible that the breach had been caused by both a targeted external attack and a negligent internal security breach. This theory was further supported because several company systems and applications had been left unpatched for months, putting them at risk of exploitation. No matter the cause of the breach, the situation was serious and needed to be addressed as soon as possible. Indira and her team had been working tirelessly to identify the source, but they had yet to make any progress. With the threat of further damage looming in the background, they were under immense pressure to find answers quickly.

To understand the situation, Indira and her team had looked at a variety of sources. They had analyzed the company's logs, user accounts, and other systems and applications to identify any suspicious activity. They had also looked into the company's security protocols, software updates, and other security measures to see if there were any vulnerabilities that could have been exploited. Unfortunately, after weeks of investigation, the team could not find any hard evidence to suggest the source of the breach. It appeared the attacker had been clever and had covered their tracks effectively.

"God dammit! Don Salvatore bellowed into the phone." his words spat out like bullets, resonating off the walls of his office. "Where the bloody hell is our shipment, Rolando?! Set up a goddamn meeting!" he roared, fury radiating off of him like heat waves in the desert. Slamming down the receiver with a deafening crash, Don Salvatore lurched upright in his chair.

Just then, he heard a knock on the door. "Set up that damn meeting and get back to me!" he raged, not even bothering to look up. But before he could take another breath, the door opened, and Indira strode in. She wore a black suit that clung to her beautiful brown skin and her hair was pulled back in a tight bun. Her full lips were laced with red lipstick, making her alluring even under Don Salvatore's unyielding glare. He felt himself growing aroused by her mere presence, something he found infuriatingly distracting.