chapter 47 • colby and cherry weren't perfect for each-other

Start from the beginning

cherry's eyes widened as he stopped in front of her.

obviously it was his house, where else would he be?

he just-

he looked so good.

new blonde hair was styled in its usual from, but he looked just as beautiful as he always had.

colby stared back at cherry.

half of him lived in delusion, where he wished so badly that she was there to see him.

the other thought she didn't even wanna be looking at him.

but if cherry had died in that very moment, and looking at him was the last thing she'd ever do, she'd be satisfied.

"your hair!" amy commented, eyes wide.

"huh? oh! yeah.. yeah. that's just the result of one of dads experiments gone wrong." colby forced himself to look away. "it should be back to normal in about an hour. right. dad?"

"sure." vic replied, and shook his head no as soon as colby looked away. "the important thing is we now know that a child's head can withstand a lighting bolt."

aria looked over at cherry to make sure she was breathing alright.

she wasn't.

colby just looked too good blonde.

"guys! i have amazing news." hartley closed the door behind herself.

"me too!" colby grinned.

"your hair."

"it's not my hair!"

"anyways.. mary stephens is coming to town this weekend."

jake and amy shared a look.

aria waited impatiently to go home.

"no way." amy commented.

"yes!" hartley squealed.

"the mary stephens?" jake asked with exaggerated joy.

"yes!" hartley repeated.

"i have no idea who that is." amy looked away.

"me neither." jake leaned back in his seat.

cherry took a seat wedged between jake and amy, occasionally stealing glances at colby who was already looking.

"she's only the founder of the very first sunshine club!" hartley grinned.

"mm, too bad she wasn't the very last." amy complained.

"every year, mary does a nationwide search for sunshine club president of the year. and this year, i'm one of the top 3 finalists! take that linda shermahorn of chapter 247." hartley spoke to herself.

"okay, time for my news." colby started.

"in a minute, blondie." hartley cut him off.

colby frowned.

cherry resisted laughter, half her face buried into her plush red sleeve.

"i've tried every year to be nominated for this award, but being top 3 isn't good enough. i have to win! so, i'm gonna make her visit to valley view absolutely perfect." hartley planned out.

"aw, i wish i could get excited about something so simple, but, you know, super computer brain." vic pointed at his skull. "it's a real burden."

"seriously? this morning you squealed and clapped your hands at donut." jake reminded, standing from his seat and offering it to aria.