05

FLASHBACK

Jinsol was happy. A little too happy. It was their second week of highschool. So far she loved every thing about highschool life, except the work. She never did enjoy studying so she would never be the top of her class previously.

She walked with a smile through the hallway, today was the day she would be confessing her feelings to her best friend, Choi Yunjin.

Yes, that's right. Bae Jinsol was in love with her best friend of the same gender and she was planning to confess to her today.

"You look so happy today." Jiwoo said smiling at her.

"I am happy, today is going to be the best day of my life." Jinsol said opening her locker and fixing her long hair in the mirror. "Where are the others?" She asked Jiwoo.

"They are already eating in the cafeteria, lets go!" Jinsol checked herself once more before heading down to the cafeteria where the girls already were.

Jinsol realised that Yunjin wasn't there, "Where's Yunjin?" She asked looking around the cafeteria.

"Oh she went to the bathroom." Kyujin answered with her mouth full of the food she was eating.

Haewon stared at her in disgust, "Either eat or talk. You can't do both."

Jinsol left the girls there going to find where Yunjin was. She went to the bathroom but couldn't find her in there.

"Where is she? Is she perhaps planning something for me as well?" She giggled at the thought of Yunjin doing something romantic for her.

"Oh, Jinsol-ah?" Yunjin said standing next to her. Even with her mere presence, Jinsol's heart was beating crazy. "Lets go." She said putting her arm around Jinsol's waist.

"By the way Yunjin, i wanna tell you something." Jinsol said facing her. She was slightly taller than Yunjin in height.

"What is it?" She asked.

"Well, I like you Yunjin. I realised this a year ago. I'm in love with Choi Yunjin." She confessed giving her hand written love letter to the girl waiting for an answer.

"You like girls?" Yunjin asked staring at her in disgust. Jinsol was taken aback by her response. "Sorry Jinsol, but I'm not a lesbian. I'm normal, I like the opposite gender."

"And this?" She scoffed at the letter in her hand decorated with hearts and glitter. She tore the letter in half right in front of her throwing the pieces that remained.

Jinsol tried blinking away the tears that suddenly filled her eyes threatening to fall out. She looked around at the students who stared at her, disgust present in their faces while whispering to each other. She ran out to the field.

"What? Bae Jinsol likes girls?" She overhead boys talking.

"What who says so?" One asked and he showed them the video. "Wow? She got rejected? That's serves her right, she should be ashamed of liking the same gender."

"Right thats disgusting."

Jinsol eyes teared up at their comments. Not even a full month of her attending this highschool and she was already hated and judged by every student.

She watched as Yunjin walked pass her whispering something to one of the girls ears. The two girls stared at Jinsol giving her a dirty look snickering then walked away.

Jinsol fumed with anger, her hands turned into fists as she crumbled the piece of the love letter she had written. In just the blink of an eye what was supposed to be the best day, turned out to be the worst.

"I fucking hate you, Choi Yunjin." She said to herself wiping the tears flowing down her face.

After all of that, Jinsol still got weird looks from students everytime she walked through the hallways, people always put notes in her locker from time to time calling her many slurs.

Because of the whole situation, the girls stopped hanging with one another one day. She then decided that she didn't need friends, not like anyone would become her friend, they all thought she would fall in love with them if she did.

She stuck to something that would make her name known around the school for something other than being the 'gay kid' so she studied hard and became the top student.

Now students knew her as the schools top student rather than the girl who had gotten rejected by a girl whom she loved. And she liked it that way.

A little flashback😭
Jini is debuting like this month omg💖
Love you guys♡