Chapter 53: Mr. Knight's Call

Start from the beginning

When the family sat around the table for dinner, Bella who stared at Arya for a long time finally could not help but ask,

"Arya, have you and Xavier discussed when you want to have a child? The other day, I went to check out the dates with your mother. The fifteenth of this month is a good day. If you quickly organize it, we can make it. Otherwise, according to your birth dates, the best day wouldn't be until the first of October, which would be Mid Autumn Festival. Yep, that's the best for you."

The fifteenth of this month?

The fifteenth of the first month of the Lunar New Year? Was that not Mia and Aaron's wedding day?

"I think the first of October is pretty good. There'll be a lot of people, so it'll be lively. There's also enough time to prepare for the wedding..."

When Bella finished, David wanted to add on too, but before he could finish, he already received a cold look from his wife, so he swallowed the rest of his words.

"What if we can't hide it then? All the wedding photos wouldn't have been taken yet!" Bella shot David a stern look and exclaimed.

"Didn't we wait until Michael was born before we had our wedding?" David softly answered, in a tone that clearly faltered because this matter was a thorn in Bella's heart.

Back then, Bella did not plan to have a child so soon, and the army had organized a special training. However, the night before they left, David went to the military district looking for her. At that time, he could hold back and did not take precautions either. In the end, when she went for the body checkup in the first month of her special training, she was informed that she was pregnant. After that...

Robert and Arianna got the hint of what had happened. They could not help but laugh, yet Arya was stunned when Bella said the words "can't hide it". She went blank for a while before she understood what it meant. She then blushed and responded,

"Grandmother, the fifteenth of this month is my best friend's wedding, so... let's push our wedding back to the first of October. Plus, he's just taken over the company. In fact, we're quite busy in this period of time, so we might not start planning so soon... Before and after the first of October, we're relatively freer."

"That's too long. How about..."

"Let's temporarily settle on this date," Arya insisted. They would need to work on quite a few huge projects after the New Year, so he definitely would not be able to find any extra time. As for her, she would probably be busy to no end with the South River project too. By her calculation of time, they should be freer by the first of October.

Seeing that Arya insisted, the few of them went with her wishes.

Not too long after dinner, Robert and Arianna went back while Bella prepared breakfast for the next day to put in the fridge so that Arya could heat it up the next morning. She busied herself until past 9 p.m. before returning to the Mu residence with David.

After she tidied up the living room downstairs, she returned to the bedroom to take an indulgent bath before she sat down before the desk in the study room. She was about to continue working on the South River project when Xavier called.

Just as he heard her answer the phone, Xavier asked

"Where did you go today? When I called home, it was Grandfather who picked up."

On the other end of the phone, he was casually standing before a set of French windows and looking out at the glorious lights with a freshly lit cigarette in between his fingers.

Arya opened the laptop before her as she answered,

"I went to the office. I've just finished settling things with the person-in-charge from the PR department about the launch. Tomorrow, we can start preparing Entertainment City."