🌘4.5🌒

Gateway to ElysiumC͙͙H͙͙A͙͙P͙͙T͙͙E͙͙R͙͙ ͙4

Gateway to Elysium
C͙͙H͙͙A͙͙P͙͙T͙͙E͙͙R͙͙ ͙4.5

♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬

TW: Mentions of insecurity, bullying and daddy issues

Loreas yawned as he floated in front of his house in the Coral Sea, the Western district to be exact.

He just parted ways with his friend, Noe Leech. They had once been neighbours and would often play with the Leech siblings after school, mainly Noe Leech since Jade and Floyd were often hanging out with an octopus called Azul. 

Loreas entered the room and slumped down on his bed. His first year at Night Raven Colleg was over. Loreas felt like he had just moved into new waters, from saltwater to freshwater. Life wat Night Raven was extremely eventful for Loreas. He had socialised a lot, made four new acquaintances, Loreas wasn't sure if he could call them friends yet, and even joined the magift club! He also made a new friend, Yukimiya Akimitsu. Well, Yukimiya-san was more of a mentor-friend to him compared to Leander.  Loreas never had any friends at school throughout his life if you exclude Noe. He wasn't even sure if he could call the Leech twins friends despite knowing them for years.

"Reas! Time for dinner~" his mother called from downstairs.

"Coming!" He replied, jumping off his bed.

He supposes that he should think about it later, his mom's food came first.

Loreas sat at the table as he chewed his seaweed lasagna. His eyes drooped down as he stared blankly at the food on his plate.

Those confusing thoughts were running through his mind again. He had never made any other friends on his own, he doesn't even know to what extent, is a friend.

His parents, who noticed his abnormal behaviour were getting worried.

Loreas continued to silently eat his food.

Finally, his father, who could no longer take the awkward silence, suddenly patted Loreas's shoulder. 

"Hey, son, you seem like you've got something on your mind." He said as he patted his son's back.

Loreas hummed in agreement as he looked up at his father. 

Ah, those dull tired eyes.

"Actually... never mind." He replied before deciding that he should go against it. His parents were already going through a lot, working through unreasonable working hours and providing everything that he needed. Loreas already felt blessed enough. He didn't want to pressure his parents anymore. Like, have you seen how much they work with the citizens? The security guards and employees still have to work even if the business is closed that day. Closed! His mother, who owns a boutique still has to work 24/7 despite the day being a public holiday! And his dad, an engineer, still has to work overtime. Though Loreas was inexperienced in the working area, he could tell that his parents were overworking. His dad's eyebags are getting bigger each day. They never had any time for him anyway.