PROLOGUE

There are two types of tiredness,I suppose,

There are two types
of tiredness,
I suppose,

One is a dire need of sleep,
And one is a dire need of peace.

⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️

The evening sun shone down on twisted wonderland, reflecting bits of yellow sparkling among the sea of green leaves. A gentle breeze blew by and dry leaves rustled in its wake. In the middle of the forest stood a giant tree. The Everlaasting Tree of Life. The Everlasting Tree gently swayed its big body along to the movements of the breeze. Crytalline waters decorated the forest's shores as the rhythmic tides came in and  out  Strands of white hair fluttered in the wind as they shimmered a dazzling yellow hue under the orange sun. Heterochromatic eyes glimmering as a male stepped out and onto the ledge of the big tree's hollow.

The smell of fresh leaves and petrichor permeated his nostrils as the male gave a small relaxed sigh. He looked up at the tree and smiled. Today was a special day, a rather mundane event for most people, but an important event for the male.

"I'm really going to miss you." He told the tree.

The tree shuddered as it lowered its branches.

"It's been so long ever since I left this place." The male grumbled, as he watched the children frolick around in the shallow waters.

"Indeed, it's been 1000 years ever since you left." A female said as she walked out of the hollow.

The female, like the male, had pointed ears and tanned brown skin, her ultramarine blue hair swayed ever so gently behind her. Her starry yellow orbs shone like the sun as her Jasmine flower dropped onto the ground due to the wind. The male turned around to meet his mother. 

"Mom..." the male muttered, picking up the Jasmine flower.

The female smiled kindly. Her son was just the same as ever. She knew how much the forest meant to him and how he held his citizens so dear.

"Leave the forest to me. You should go to school." The lady beckoned her son. She knew her son was overworking due to war recovery. So, she decided to give him a break and sent him to Night Raven College. The invitation letter was a century old but it was still valid. 

The male groaned. He really didn't want to go. He wanted to spend his mother's last days together, not in a school. Away from his mother.

" I don't want to. There are too many humans there besides, my people need me, and I wanted to spend more time with you..." He argued.

The lady patted his shoulder.

"It's alright, you don't have to interact with them." She said, "besides, don't you have Malleus and Lilia to accompany you?"

She comforted her son. She knew her son disliked humans. She wasn't going to torture him by sending him off into human territory but to educate him and for him to heal his emotional scars.

The male huffed, his cheeks puffing out ever so slightly. He really didn't want to do this but desperate times calls for desperate measures. He really didn't want to leave. 

The lady smirked and pinched his cheek. She had seen this coming and has been training herself to resist against his cuteness.

She internally laughed. 'Haha! I'm cuteness proof!'

"Don't act cute in front of me, it's not going to work." She teased.

"Now, go on, the ebony carriage is waiting," The lady ushered, shooing her son towards the carriage.

The male sulked a little before getting on the carriage. Before he closed the doors, he turned around to look at his mother.

"Bye mom," he said, "I love you."

The lady smiled lovingly. She had such a good son.

"I love you too."

The carriage doors closed and the horses took off.

The lady watched the carriage leave and disappear before collapsing on one knee, clutching her weak heart.

"Aaaah~ I'm such a cruel mother~" She sulked, " To ignore my dear son's pouting~"

The tree rustled.

The lady looked up at the tree, deadpanning.

"Of course it works! You have no idea how much suffering and pain I had gone through just to resist that!" The lady scolded, as if she could understand the tree,  "I think I might just have gotten a heart attack if I didn't do anti-cuteness training!"

The tree rustled again.

It was an odd occurence, a lady talking to a tree, but the lady paid no mind.

" Hmph! I obviously didn't want him to leave," the lady reasoned, "it's much safer here." she added, lowering her voice. The mention of her son leaving immediately dampened her mood. She, too didn't want him to leave.

She looked a the horizon silently, a frown now etched on her face.

She sighed, "But, he'll be able to be more accpeting and happy. It's for his own good." Reincarnators like her and her husband were hard to come by, but his son was special. Her son was a three-time reincarnator. He was a reincarnator of divine blood, gifted by her husband's primordial ancestor. Despite that, he is still her son, In her previous worldline, and her present. Both their souls were one and the same.

The lady paused, before continuing, "I failed him once, and I don't plan on failing him twice."

Feeling a lump of blood ruching up her throat, the lady held her hand to her chin, collecting the blood that now dripped down her lips. She knew she was dying but she hasn't fulfilled her promise yet. 

She looked up. A beautiful orange sky greeted her eyes as she closed her eyes. "I don't have much time left..." She nodded, a gentle breeze passing by her ears.

In this life, she will definitely fulfil her role as his mother.

The tree shook.

As if to comfort their queen, Jasmine flowers bloomed all across the forest.

🌘 🌗 🌖 🌕 🌔 🌓 🌒

The male came to his senses.

He reached up to touch a wooden surface.

"Huh, why am I in a box?"

He touched his face.

"And why the fuck am I wearing eyeliner?!"

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

~end of PROLOGUE~