Ch. 19) Trust Fall

A couple of weeks have passed by and some more soldiers have finally been assigned to your current mission. You were sat in the cafe by yourself munching on a muffin while watching a video on your phone. For a moment you got really into what you were watching, so much so that you didn't hear the footsteps approaching you.

"Good morning miss y/n." Captain Price confidently said to you while opening the fridge to grab some sort of energy drink. A wave of shock was sent through your body to his sudden words.

"Oh morning Captain." You said going back to your video focusing on its content.

"Oh, just to let you know, training is about to start." He said then taking a sip of his drink.

"Hm? I thought we start late morning, it's only.." You paused looking at your phone for the time "8:07."

"Oh I meant training for you." He said and walked away without leaving any context. You quickly got up, threw away your muffin wrapper, and followed.

"What do you mean for me? I thought I was the one teaching." You said catching up to him.

"Well you are, but you also need to learn some things."

"And that is?"

"Teamwork."

"...You're joking."

"Nope. Meet me in the training room at 8:30."  

You stopped, watching as he walked away. You were sort of taken aback at this, although, you have never worked with a team before, so it did make some sort of sense to you. Nonetheless you walked up the stairs going to your room to put on some more appropriate clothes. After some time passed it was now 8:25, you headed out to go meet Price like he asked.

Walking into the training room you found only specifically the members of task for 141 standing by Captain waiting for you.

"Ah y/n you're here, great, okay let's get started."

"What exactly are we going to be working on?" You asked still not convinced this is supposed to be serious.

"For today i decided that it's best we start working on trust, now, I know you don't really know any of us, which is why it's important to start building trust and reliance on eachother." 

You chuckled to yourself.

"I didn't know we were training to be in a disney show." You said

"Y/n. I want you to take this very seriously, for if you don't, this could lead to serious catastrophe on our mission." He said while getting serious all of a sudden. His words were spoken loosely but in a firm way, it made you less relaxed.

"Alright alright, so what are we doing first." You asked. Captain looked at you with his classic cheeky smile and said,

"Trust falls." Opposite of Price's smile, your face dropped at his words.

"Trust falls? Really? And you want me to take this seriously."

"Don't speak so soon, it's not as silly as you may think."

"It sure as hell sounds silly." Ghost mumbled but in a way that everyone heard.

"Lieutenant." Captain said sternly, basically telling him to shut up, and he did so.

"Alright let's get started. I want you to practice falling backwards and letting these men catch you."

"Captain, you can't be serious." You said to him.

"Oh i'm serious," He said again with his usual loose but firm tone "I'll be right back i'm going to go grab a drink." You saw as he walked away carrying the now empty energy drink he had grabbed before.