Ch. 1) The Fool

Sat on your couch you grab another spoonful of your cereal while watching the video on your laptop. Chewing and swallowing unconsciously until there wasn't any cereal left to do so with. Pausing the video you got up to wash your bowl. 

While you rubbed the soapy sponge against the bowl you look out of your window, it was 6:49 am and your house that sat on a mountain let you see the sun's aura of light leaking into the sky. You dried off the bowl and spoon and put it away sitting back on the couch. 

Before you could press play again your doorbell rang. 

With the effort of a small grunt you got up from the couch and started walking to your front door. Halfway there you realized what you did for a living, and now more cautiously, approached the door. 

Looking out of the side window, you saw that no one was there. Still cautious, you opened the door. 

You looked around with only your upper body leaning out the door frame until you finally noticed a letter on the ground in front of you.

You examined your surroundings but didn't see anyone. 

There was no car, no person, no tracks of anyone coming to your door.

Finally you picked up the paper and took it inside closing and locking the door.

You ripped the flap open and unfolded a paper that was stuffed inside, which read:

'47° 7′ 22.19″ N, 9° 8′ 43.12″ E'

'coordinates'

Below it was date that landed in a week from now.

You examined the piece of paper more flipping it over but there was nothing else on it. 

You quickly sat down on your couch again grabbing your computer and looked up the coordinates.

It was a cafe.

An abandoned one as well, in Switzerland.

'why would someone just randomly drop this off with no context, what kinda fool would think I'd show up? assuming that's what they want'

You contemplated the thought for a moment then easily dismayed it after a couple of seconds.

You got up off your couch and threw away the paper. 

You were kinda feeling some boba so you decided to go out and get some.

You threw on some convenient casual clothes and headed out.

...