Chap 10

Natsu's pov:

Sadly by the next day I was already having to say goodbye to Happy and Luce. I have to continue my mission and go to Mt Hakobe, but it's only a wagon ride away, or a full day trip since I don't want to be throwing up, they can come visit me in the mountain every once in a while.

Happy promised me he would fly towards me if things escalated at the guild, we both hope that will never come to pass, but I haven't been there to be sure and Happy is very much on edge about it.

Feeling Luce squeeze my hand I look towards her, both her and Happy accompanied me to the woods surrounding Magnolia to see me off. Pulling Lucy into a hug I'm careful so that Happy doesn't fall from my head. "I don't want to leave you here." I tell her honestly. Happy and the rest have kept her away from the worst of it, but what if they can't one day, what if she runs into them outside of the guild and I'm not there. Some things Happy mentioned they said would really hurt her, I don't want her to hear anything even close to it ever. Even an enemy saying something like that would make her sad, coming from a trusted friend would break her heart.

"I'll be fine, just come back safe in one piece." She says nuzzling my chest. If it wasn't because of Happy I'd take her with me, I don't feel safe taking him somewhere with so many Vulcans. Actually considered its Vulcans Luce isn't safe either so them both staying here brings me peace.

"Promise, after Mt Hakobe I only have the woods near Akane. I'll be back before you know it." I try to cheer her up and lightly peck her on the lips earning a small laugh.

"Unlikely considering I already don't want to let you go." She says hugging around my waist tighter.

I chuckle hugging her back till I feel Happy waking up on my head. "Finally, I thought you'd never wake up to see me off." I complain, lifting him up by his scruff and moving him to my arms to hug him as well.

-1 month later-

Mt Hakobe has even more camps of Vulcans than any other place. I'm not surprised it's where I first witnessed a Vulcan taking over a human years ago. Not that I think it's where it first happened, but they've been doing it for years meaning more time to make camps.

Lucy and Happy have visit me at least once a week, taking jobs in Mt Hakobe or near it so that people don't get too suspicious. I still miss them tho, Lucy even more then when we spent months apart, it constantly feels like there's a hole in my heart when she's not around. I don't know how she's able to act like nothing is wrong when she's at the guild considering I know she feels the same and I am constantly scaring off the villagers in the village near the mountain.

The bond has both helped and worsen my temper tho. It calms me down knowing it's there and when ever either one of us is agitated and erratic we can help each other calm down by trying to slow down the beating of our hearts since it will slow down the other. Well Luce is more successful at that then me, most of the time when it's her that's getting agitated I just lose my temper because I don't know why it is, just the closest feeling for why it is which it's typical pissed off. I haven't felt her fear or pain and honestly don't know how I would react to it.

I'm snapped out of my dace when I feel a kick on my back that sends me flying to a cave wall. 'Shit that hurt.' Standing up I look behind me towards the entrance of the cave where a mountain of a Vulcan is.

I had let my thoughts drift after defeating all the Vulcans in the cave, leaving a few passed out men around me, I never even heard this one nearing. Rushing over I light my fist ready to attack, but a sudden pain in my heart makes me falter and slip on the ice.

The Vulcan took full advantage grabbing me by the head and slaming me back down. It makes me dace for a moment, but I'm able to kick his legs and make him lose his balance and fall, problem tho he still had a grip on my head so when he stumbled out of the cave he took me with him and rolling a long way down the mountain.

When we came to a stop the Vulcan had passed out and I was trapped under it with I'm pretty sure it's a broken arm. I try to crawl out but the thing weid more then 10 Elfman. I tried to push as much power as I could to my good arm and legs and it was working.

Black vein like lines started to appear along with red scales, my hand even turned into a claw seeming like a mixture of the one I had during the dragon cry incident and when E.N.D took over. I've been training to use my dragon features, but I've never been able to call forth my demon powers before so the moment I'm able to get out from under the Vulcan I drop my magic not wanting to let that take me over.

Looking down to my arm I notice it healed. 'Well that's handy...was it a combination of the two magics or did the demon one heal me?' The dragon one speeds up my healing but even during the dragon cry incident it took time to heal that big wound on my stomach.

Shrugging it off I try to see if I can tell what's wrong with Lucy, her spike of pain was emotional, but now it's erratic with too many emotions to really decipher. Sitting down I lean against a tree and light my hand on fire and place it on my chest. I don't really know how to calm my heart down, but placing my magic near my heart helps her calm down, she mentioned once it was like emotionally giving her a hug. I don't really know how it works or why, mostly just chucked it up to Lucy being a weirdo, but if it helps I'll do it.

A few minutes pass before I feel my heart beat return to normal. Sighing I walk over to the Vulcan. It didn't return to a human so this was the one that was truly a full Vulcan. I'll have to go get the guards after securing him and the rest, they are the ones that take care of the Vulcans after I defeated them. I don't know nor care what they do with them really. Vulcans are always kidnapping women from all ages and it's too disgusting to really think why they do that, but if it's not necessary I don't kill.

I have to finish what's left of Mt Hakobe so that I can stop by Magnolia and check in on Lucy. I was to distracted to tell what that feeling could be exactly other than emotional pain I couldn't really tell why. I've been able to tell when she's sad from us being apart or lonely, but that wasn't like either and it doesn't explain why was her heart beat so erratic afterwards.