19 | apology flowers

♡˗ˏ✎*ೃ˚ : twenty third april, 23 :;

I GET LONELY. Happens to the best of us really. I just mean, there's a hole in my goddamn heart which can only be cemented with a... Sibling-shaped person. I mean, I'm just wondering now.

"How many bloody noses have you had so far this year?"

"My first one," I mutter, nursing it.

"In your lifetime?"

"Same number."

"Well yikes."

No shit, blundered mess of magic. "Need I remind you clouds like yourself collapse and form stars? And here you are, passing free comments on my life choices. Tch."

"You little w-"

I'm out. Time to get a step-fam.

My confidence lasts as far as my motivation to get my assignments done in time goes.

I tapped him on shoulder. Him as in Conner, or I'm misremembering. "Hey man? Sup?"

Where's Lilith? The question sizzles my tongue. "She's in the washroom. Need something?"

"Uh... This is awkward."

"What is?" Says the tin man, genuinely confused.

"I- I am, I flirted with her mom so that my mom could go out with her. Was that stupid?"

Conner is calm. "So that's what's up. I get that."

"Was that kind of stupid?"

"Hmmm. Well, is she single?"

"More than Miley Cyrus."

Endless Summer Vacation.. Although I hardly think he's gonna get it. Looking at him, now directly, I venture he spends half his time playing beer bong and eats a dozen eggs at least, for the gun maintenance. "And into Iris?"

So I narrated him the intense, sparks-fly thing they had on.

"If that is right, how come she is not here and you are?"

Who is this guy, Raycon Lee Flecker or something? If not, why is he shooting me these fire-glazing hoops? Fuck.

"Anyways, you can speak to Lilith. Meanwhile," he seizes the bottle's neck, aka the sake. "I'll be taking a walk. And," a pause, "I guess she won't need a bat."

"Thanks.. thank you.."

Conner waves it off. "Seriously appreciate it."

"Don't lay a finger on my girl, okay?"

Wouldn't want to.

Something blossoms in my stomach. Is this friends to lovers trope? "I'm Everett Evers."

He hums, then jogs off.

On second thought, alcohol would have loosened her up. But since he's a good guy, he wants to go all overprotective shit on me. Or he's a loser who drinks to death, even at formal settings. Not that this is formal.

I guess - he's on my side.

Woah, crazy eyed princess is strolling back.

Apology flowers? Check. Do your thing.

**✿❀○❀✿**

rewrote this hahahah
- ori