10 | bright light

♡˗ˏ✎*ೃ˚ : twenty first april, 23 :;

NEXT DAY, I leave at my earliest convenience.

I have my mom pack my lunch and everything. Her new obsession being bento boxes. I'm not particularly delighted by the rice or the meat or the lack of deep frying, but meh.

I can starve for all I care.

In words of Camp Rock, the holy genesis — I've gotta find you, I need to find you.

How does one find a fog? Not just any fog, a verbal and locomotive fog. With artificial intelligence, it seems.

First things first, I kick Maria in the stomach.

Haha no, just my adrenaline.

I told Maria to get me some Sashimi. Not just from any restaurant. The traditional Japanese restaurant, new in Operose. "It's got the head chef with teeth of gold and having hair implants."

"Uh huh."

"He's got a wife. They were mom's patient. Diabetes and shit. So they should give you about thirty percent off?"

Maria pauses, forming her mouth in o. "Real?"

"Yeah, shit, you better hurry. Mom gets real crabby after... You know."

Great work, Everett. You've zero ideas what kind of work your doctor of a mom does. Really comes handly at a time like this.

Maria sprints off. She's like a dog made to chase frisbee — she's doing it all readily.

Okay, time to cause disaster.

The cheapstake isn't back for another hour. Luckily, mom's buried beneath a pile of paperwork. Something to do with taxes. So I've bags of minutes before I discover—

"Looking for something?"

"Eek!"

I almost double over on the floor. One more accident and I'll have to call the ambulance. "What the fuck, fog person?"

"Mover of time," they snap.

I wanna roll my eyes so hard. I do so internally. "I thought hard about your extraordinary help."

"Uh huh."

"Do you, um, still wanna be my ally?"

Dead weight silence.

In daylight, the fog appears in its weakest form. Barely there. I wanna ask if they're okay, because fuck, I needed them to be there and okay.

"There's something that I need you to find for me. W-Will I?"

"So wait, you have accepted me as a part of you?"

God, it sounds smug. Or happy.

"I loved triple G's... And I, I guess I love you too."

I shriek. My body becomes anti gravity. I'm floating!

**✿❀○❀✿**