"I am... perfectly fine," I said slowly, surprised my voice was so weak. "Leave."

Something was definitely wrong with the wound. My forehead got damped in sweat and my hands, also including my bow, started to shake.

"Alright, that's it." Thomas walked straight forward, not even bothering the bow in my hands. I tried to keep it up or shoot him, but I was weak. Weak enough for Thomas to be able to take the bow out of my hands.

"They'll kill you." I gasped for some more air. "If they see you... they'll-." I didn't even finish my sentence about Holt. Thomas already forced me to sit down against another tree.

"Don't touch me, you pervert." I breathed, feeling my eyes closing.

"Stay awake," Thomas ordered as he moved my jacket to the side. "And cooperate."

"Stay away," I replied as I put my jacket back with my elbow. "And leave."

Thomas let out a chuckle, yet he didn't listen and lifted up my shirt. "Well, that's.." He stared at it with wide eyes. "What happened?"

"I fell out of heaven," I murmured. In the corner of my eye, I noticed some others sitting down too.

"Really?"

"No, what do you think, dumbass? I got attacked." I moaned as the blonde, Newt, ripped off a piece of his shirt.

"By what?" Thomas questioned.

"You ever stop asking questions?" I sighed, trying very hard to keep my eyes open. "I don't know, by the way. Not a Griever, though."

They all stopped right in their tracks, staring at me suspiciously. "How do you know what a Griever is?"

"Nice pets, aren't they?" My eyes closed, but Thomas screamed for me to open them. "What were your names again?"

"Aris." The dark-blonde said.

"Frypan." The boy, whose face already gave off how kind he was, explained.

"Nice name."

"Minho." The Asian repeated as if I would've forgotten his name.

And then something in my mind snapped. Their names... I recognized them. Especially Minho's name made me want to cry like I had done so many times when I was younger.

My eyes opened wide. "Leave," I said, pushing Thomas off me. "You really have to leave. They're gonna know you're here and they will get you all."

The beeping in my mind started to hurt my ears. Four beeps, some high-pitched and some lower. But why four? There were five boys in front of me!

"I'm serious." I panicked. "They know where you are and-."

Thomas interrupted. "They already know where we are. WICKED, right?"

I cried out at the name, but also could've been Newt pressing the piece of shirt on my side harder.

"It's a trial," Thomas explained. "They gave us a week to get through the Scorch. The Safe Haven would be at the end. A safe place."

"There is no safe place, you idiots," I muttered as I slapped Newt's hands away. "Just go."

"And let you die?" The boy named after a frying pan spoke up.

"You don't even know me." I moaned, trying hard not to cry at all the hands touching me and the pain in my side.

Newt frowned and took a closer too at the wound. "Something's in there."

I whimpered slightly at the realization it must be another tooth. "Get it out."

"What? That's gonna-."

"Get it out!" I cut Thomas off. "Here." With all my strength I grabbed an arrow and handed it to Thomas. "Get it out with the arrow."

Thomas' face paled. "I'm not gonna do that."

"Imma throw up," Newt murmured. He got up and took a few steps back, clearly not wanting to do the job.

"Y'all are wimps," I commented. A pair of beautiful dark brown eyes met mine. Minho.

"I'll do it." He said tough as he snapped the arrow out of Thomas' hand. "Shanks."

"Shanks?" I repeated.

"Our slang," Minho explained as he bent down a bit. "We have all kinds of words."

"Like what?"

"Klunk, slinthead, shuck face, jacked.." He summarized quickly, inspecting my wound and moving the arrow a bit. "Shank can be an idiot or friend."

"That's weird as..."

"Shuck." Minho finished my sentence. "Shuck means-."

"Fuck." I blurted out.

He laughed, his eyes disappearing for a second. "Indeed."

For a few seconds, we were silent.
"Just get over with it." I eventually said when Minho still didn't do anything.

"Oh, I already did it." He grinned and held up a silver tooth.

My mouth fell open. "But I didn't feel anything."

"He distracted you by talking," Newt explained from behind.

"Or she was too busy looking at my handsome face," Minho added.

"I'll go with the first option." I felt my cheeks heat up, because both had a point. I wasn't busy looking at Minho's face, but he was quite handsome, to be honest.

"What's your name?" Thomas walked back over to us and gave Minho a proud nod.

I swallowed. "Uhh... Lena."

"That's a nice one." Thomas nodded and took the tooth out of Minho's hands. "The shuck is this?"

"A tooth from some weird monster." I breathed. Minho suddenly bent down again and wrapped an arm around me. "I can easily walk on my own." I protested.

Minho raised his eyebrows and let go of me. I let out a yell and felt my legs give up. Just a second before I hit the ground, Minho caught me again.
"You sure 'bout that?"

"Oh, shut up," I grumbled.