"Son, i know the conditions you put forwarded before marrying my daughter. And i am not asking you to compromise. But as a father I request you to give me one assurance that you will keep my daughter safe. That you will keep her away from any kind of harm. Please calm this weak father's mind." He said.

Rudra observed king Bibhuti. He knew that this marriage meant nothing to him but it was a marriage anyway. And moreover, it was his duty to protect those who stays with him.So, he said, " Whatever had happened,it was your fault not your daughter's. She was suffering the outcomes of your own decision. So, even if according to my conditions I am not obliged to grant your request but I can't let an innocent woman suffer and be in danger. Hence, I promised you that I will keep your daughter safe from any kind of harm. I will protect her.'

Upon hearing him King Bibhuti felt relieved. He thanked Rudra for fulfilling his request. Devkirti was doubtful though. " He was going to protect me from any kind of danger, but the real danger is him. Who is going to protect me from him?" Devkirti muttered slowly inside her mouth.

Soon the time came when Devkirti sat on the carriage and was ready to leave. She looked at everyone for the last time. Her eyes set on Sanghamitra at last. Both of them were crying. Both of them had lots of things to say to each other but they only nodded at each other as if giving each other the strength and encouragement for their lives ahead in the future.

Rudransh joined his hand and bid his farewell to his father and the other elders. His father thanked him for whatever he had done to save his life but Rudra told him that he had married only to respect his Guru's order and to give his Gurudakshina. King Vibhuvashan felt a little disappointment but nodded his head in understanding. Rudra then set on his horse and started moving toward his home. Guru Brahmaditya and Taash followed him. Along with the carriage with Devkirti in it.

They were moving towards the great forest in the river bank. Devkirti was sad and scared but that didn't stop her from looking outside the window of the carriage to see the world she had not seen before. She saw that they were proceeding towards the  great forest after sometime. She heard about it only in the stories. When they reached the borderline from where the forest began. Rudra stopped and asked everyone to halt. Devkirti was curious. She climbed down  her carriage to know the reason for their sudden pause.

She saw that Rudra bowed down to touch Guru Brahmaditya's feet. She slowly approach toward them to see what was happening there. When she got closer, Guru Brahmaditya looked at her and smiled. He thenoved forward and pat her head and said, " My dear, I have to take my leave now. My ashram was towards the north nearby the Mountains. And you have to travel towards the west. You have to pass the forest before you reach your new home. I wish you all the best my child. You have my blessings.  Always be happy and fulfill your responsibilities with utmost sincerity. And don't be scared. You will be safe with Rudra."

Guru Brahmaditya was like a safe haven for her during the journey. She was filled with inhibition,the moment she heard that he was not going with them
That means she was going to be alone with her not so welcoming but very dangerous looking husband. And she didn't believe that she will be safe with him. Blame her dubious mind for it. However, she nodded her head and bowed down to touch Guru Brahmaditya's feet. Guru Brahmaditya once again blessed her and glanced at Rudransh,

"Take care of her" he told Rudra and left with his horse.

Rudra then looked at the people who came with Kirti and ordered them to leave. Devkirti was more scared now. Why did he want everyone to leave,she wondered.

She slowly gathered her courage and cleared her throat and finally asked," Why are you asking them to leave?"

Rudra glanced at her and waited for a moment before he answered," We have to pass the forest to reach my home. And no one is allowed in my abode. Till now only Taash was living with me but from now on you will be living their as well. And apart from you. No one can enter my place. So,all of them had to leave."

If he said  no one was allowed to stay in his house that means she would be alone there. Only Taash will be there apart from her and her husband. The thought brought an unsettling feeling in her heart.

" What about my belongings that I have brought from home?" She asked.

"Taash will take care of it"Rudra replied

She saw that everyone was leaving and with them taking an old part of her. Her new journey had began from there on. Rudra moved forward in his horse. Taash offered another horse to Devkirti and helped her getting on it. Devkirti smiled at him and uttered her thanks. He smiled and bowed his head in return. Taash then shifted to his bird form and took her belongings with him. Devkirti kept looking at him for a moment fascinated by the sight and then hold the lease of  her horse and moved forward to follow Rudra.

Devkirti sighed and prayed to Mother Goddess in her mind for her blessings and help that she would need in her new life. And followed her husband towards her new home.

         ****************************