chapter 1

Boom,

The noise of explosion,

Bang,

The sound of gunshots,

Lavender and Lynn couldn't bear to hear it anymore. So they ran, and ran, till they found an empty building.

Groan

Suddenly, they were face to face with a zombie! It was a gruesome one, with greenish gray bones, ripped and ragged clothes, a mop of untangled, wild hair, and a rotting brain sticking out of the skull.

"Wh-what do we do?" Lynn squeaked. Trembling, she hid behind her sister.

But, Lavender lacking common sense, "WE TAKE 'EM AND SICK 'EM SIS!" she said as she launched herself to the zombie.

"AHHHH!" Lynn shrieked.

Lavender kept bashing the zombie's skill until it broke into a pile of bones and disintegrated. The girls dashed away.

Creak

Lynn opened the door to the fourth floor of the abandoned building. There was moss everywhere, stray chemical bottles and weird globby green stuff littering the floor. But there was food (only enough to last them for a week), and a place to sleep in from the danger outside.

The zombies.

The thought of them made Lynn shake in fear. She was only 9, why did she have to go through this? She missed her friends, she missed-

Her parents.

She felt tears welling up her eyes. She could still remember the day that her parents were turned.

FLASHBACK:

CRASH

The glass broke into shreds and scattered everywhere when the zombies bared into their house.

"Lavender, Lynn, go hide, RIGHT NOW!" her dad screamed.

So she did, Lynn following closely at her tails as she went to the bookshelf and pushed it open. She took the nearest knife and waited.

BANG!

BANG!

BANG!

Lynn was scared for her parents. She peeked by the crack in the bookshelf, and there they were, slowly morphing into zombies. She and Lavender instantly panicked and ran to the door that led outside in the room.

There were tears rolling down their cheeks now. It had been six months since that event.

Lavender planned to do a full search of this building tomorrow, but for now she was very tired so she landed down on the floor with Lynn cuddling beside her and they slept.

——————————

"PUT YOUR FUCKING HANDS UP!"

Lavender was so confused. "Huh-"

"I SAID PUT YOUR FUCKING HANDS UP IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BE SHOT!"

Lavender realized what was going on. She shook Lynn awake. She instantly kneeled on the ground and put her hands up in the air as Lynn copied her. She saw the man pointing the gun at her. He had dark curly hair that flopped over his eyes, which were brown and an oversized yellow sweatshirt, baggy jeans, and a red beanie on. The man next to him looked the same except the clothes. He wore a red coat and had long pink hair.

Gosh, this dude is posh, and what's with that pink hair?! Lavender thought as she stared at them.

He also had red eyes, which reminded Lynn of Voldemort in Harry Potter.