8.

𝐃𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐖𝐚𝐢𝐭. 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐓𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐖𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐍𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐁𝐞 𝐉𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐑𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

_____

"(Y/n)! Watch out-"

Facing back to the road, you immediately slam on the brakes and all four seat belts tighten around you all as the car comes to a screeching stop. A dark sedan speeds right past the four of you so fast you can't even clearly see the person in the driver's seat.

"Shit, That dude drives like a maniac." Harry says from the back seat as his brownie-like eyes meet yours through the rear-view mirror just before yours redirect to Wanda.

"Are you okay?" You ask with a little concern to make sure she's alright. The brunette gives you a small smile and you pull off, continuing on your way to school, her hand locked in yours.

When you all arrive Peter and Gwen are waiting outside. Your bossy friend stands, arms crossed, foot tapping as you approach.

"What took so long? We're missing our Prom!"

-

In counting there were eight vehicles. → One Fire Truck → Three Cop Cars → Two Ambulances → Two totaled cars

Six of the vehicles have flashing lights of red and blue, while the others are ignited in flames. Harry hasn't left your side since all the men in uniform arrived and you haven't said a word since the paramedic pried your hand from Yelena's. You just watch in silence as they carry the brunette and blonde away on two separate gurneys, each one headed to different ambulances.

"You ride with Wanda and I'll text you if anything goes wrong, okay?" Harry says and your grip tightens on the blanket wrapped around you.

"My phone's in the car." You mumble as Harry rushes off to the first ambulance.

Small pieces of glass fall from her curly brown hair as the paramedic sitting beside you wraps an oxygen mask around her mouth.

"Were you guys going somewhere fancy?" You don't meet the perimetics gaze and her attempt to make small talk fails. "Look, we're going to take really good care of your friend and..."

"Girlfriend. She's my girlfriend." You interrupt, eyes falling to the brace around her neck, to the IV in her arm, to the patches sticking to her skin that's making the heart monitor beep.

-

You reach the toe of your heel to brush against her bare leg. "What's wrong with you?"

"My date's a dud." Her eyes amusingly meet yours and even the shake of her head can't distract you from that smile. It wasn't a regular smile, it wasn't affiliative, wistful, or embarrassed either. That's a smile of forgiveness. An unspoken mutual understanding that she no longer wants to be pissed at you for something so idiotic.

"You'd much rather be going with me." You send her a playful smirk turning around to sit beside her. "I mean who wouldn't? My moves on the dance floor are bussin."

"Totally. But I don't think I'd be able to keep up." She laughs uncontrollably. "Maybe Wanda can."

"She can handle it. My baby's got some moves of her own."

"Oh do I?" You look up and your favorite pair of green eyes meet your own. Standing up, you come face to face with the brunette.

"Yes, you should see her. The little sparkles in her eyes, the grin on her lips," She smiles as you take her hands in yours pulling her closer to you. "Her arms in the air with her body moving wildly like one of those inflatable stick figures out front of a car dealership." The brunette's smile straightens and she playfully glares at you.