𝟐.

𝐅𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐌𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐖𝐞 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐓𝐚𝐥𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐈 𝐊𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐈 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝
___________

That afternoon, you went to check on her. And Alexei, who answered the door, told you she was visiting her sister, Natasha, at college. The father of your best friend was more than surprised to how unaware you had been. And with a Have a nice day, you left. That was wednesday. It's Friday now and you have still not heard from the young blonde.

You've called and left messages but after a while you quit. You were tired of hearing her voice mail, tired of the word delivered taunting you, tired of being ignored by your best friend. So you tried to focus on other things. Like the new girl.

At your lunch table everyone had an unsaid agreement of where they sat, so when Wanda followed behind Gwen to the table and took the open seat next to her, Your eyes suspiciously looked over the top of your sunglasses.

"You can't sit there."

You were quick to smash Kate's shoe beneath your own just before Gwen stepped in.

"She's my Shadow and Yelena's not even here, so you all can chill."

Slipping your sunglasses into your hair, you send a welcoming smile to the brunette across from you, while she nervously plays with her rings. Her nails were painted the same color of the applied eyeliner which made her eyes pop. And she wore the shortest of skirts with high-knee stockings, with a black sweater.

Kate and MJ didn't like the idea of the emo brunette stealing their friend's seat but it didn't stop you and Gwen from keeping up a conversion with her. The questions were basic: How's your first day so far? How are you enjoying Westview high? Are there any classes you are excited for? Do you have a boyfriend?

The brunette answered each question thrown her way with ease except Kate's un-school related interest in her love life.

"I'm excited for art, we didn't have any extracurriculars at my previous school. And no. No, I am currently not dating anyone." the words rolled off the sokovian tongue questionably.

"Me neither, boys our age are total losers." Kate was quick to assume Wanda was into one gender but the way she looked to you when informing everyone of her relationship status had you wondering.

"I think we can all agree." with a smack to your chest, "Even you, sunshine."

"I don't even think I've seen you date, not after the Carter cousins debacle ."

Gwen's mention of them sent a noticeable tremble down your spine.

"What's the... Carter cousins debacle."

Another shiver creeps up on you.

Sophomore year the Carter cousins demanded you on a date. Yes, demanded. Something chill, the pumpkin patch. Well when you got there both Peggy and Sharon were waiting for you. You saw nothing wrong with it, but the strange part was Peggy held your hand the entire time. You were so confused that you didn't say anything while you were with them.

Sadly, that didn't change a thing. You were once again demanded on another date. The roller rink. Peggy was very distant that time and Sharon had been the one you spent the most time with. This has only confused you more. Were you on a date with Sharon or were you on a date with Peggy?

The date ended and your parents drove you home. You dropped Peggy off first and politely walked her to the door. You were so nervous, your palms were sweaty. She mentioned the night being fun then leaned in and kissed you.