𝟔.

𝐒𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞𝐬 𝐏𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐃𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐖𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐓𝐨 𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐓𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡 𝐁𝐞𝐜𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐃𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐖𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐢𝐫 𝐈𝐥𝐥𝐮𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐃𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐲𝐞𝐝
_______

The young blonde scanned the room, unconsciously looking for you as music rattled from the floors and into her bones. But instead found her ex-boyfriend playing a game of beer pong with Liz toomes by his side. Yelena couldn't believe how fast he moved on yet what surprised her more was MJ playing on the other side with Brad Davis.

Saving the day, you swooped in, wrapping your arms around her waist, with a... "Well hello gorgeous, how's your night going?" The young blonde giggled when you placed a wet sloppy kiss on her cheek.

"It's good." she spun around in your arms, a weak smile on her lips as she reached out to play with the single braided strand of your hair. "So cute." Her voice dripped with sarcasm. You pulled the young blonde in the kitchen, mading two drinks. One a non-alcoholic beverage while the other was not. "Do you want to talk about what's bothering you, or bottle up our emotions until they explode?"

Rolling her eyes, the young blonde pointed to the basketball captain and the cheer captain. While you were distracted, she picked up your drink, chugging everything it contained before throwing the cup across the counter.
"Umm, do you...Do you want to leave?" Yelena grabbed the bottle of whiskey and your hand before leading out of the kitchen. The two of you walked right past the four beer pong players and up the stairs. When she pulled you into a stray bedroom, you gave an awkward smile to Quill and Gamora who were making out on someone's bed just as Yelena started to climb out the window.

"You know, I don't care about them being together." Maneuvering yourself out of the window you hold onto the outside of the house tightly while the young blonde starts climbing higher up the roof.

"Yeah..." You try to keep your eyes on anything but the ground as you shimmy up the outer wall.

"Yeah, he can date whoever he wants." Yelena took a seat at the ridge of the roof and offered you her hand as she took another long sip from the bottle. You throw your leg over, straddling the roof. "Really, I'm moving on."

You hugged your arms around her waist because you knew sooner or later all that alcohol she was consuming would start affecting her behavior. She mimics your position and leads into your touch, allowing you to support her weight. Her head fell back on your shoulder and those strands of blondes tickled your neck.

"That's the little dipper." The young blonde pointed to some random star in the sky, and you followed her finger, still having no clue which of the trillion stars she was referring to. With the press of your lips together, you hum in response. "Or maybe it's that one." You smile when her giggle wraps around your ears.

"So tell me more about this 'Moving on'." You knew you shouldn't care as much as you do because of Wanda. Wanda is your girlfriend and the thought of your best-friend dating again shouldn't bother you.

"I may or may not have feelings for someone new." The words hurt. Physically. It felt like someone had rammed a red hot iron rod into your heart. A burning in your chest. "Well, they're not really new. They're kinda old."

"He's old?"

"No, don't be stupid...I mean we've known each other a while." Drawing patterns against her exposed skin, you pondered over the words. Thinking of all the possible people.

"It's not Peter, is it?"

"(Y/n)!"

"Harry?...Ned?"

"(Y/n), S-stop..." She could barely get the words through her laughter. When the air finally finds its way back into Yelena's lungs, she's left with a very serious expression on her face. "I don't know whether to tell them or not. What if they don't feel the same? What if i fuck up the friendship? What if..." You took her hands in yours, stopping her fidgeting fingers.