𝟓.

𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐀𝐫𝐞 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭 𝐈 𝐖𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐓𝐨 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐘𝐞𝐭 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐎𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐈 𝐅𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐃𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠
_______

A few days earlier-

After racing out the back door, she hopped on her custom skateboard, letting her wavy blonde hair flow freely in the wind, as the stars blurred into streaks in the dark blue sky. The young blonde spotted Peter, his feet dangling in the bowl as he waited in the skatepark.

The two wouldn't normally hang out one on one but with your time being occupied by the brunette, Yelena had a lot of free time on her hands. "Hey blondie."

She stepped off her board taking the spot beside him. "Hey."

"So why are we here tonight?" Peter grabbed a notepad and pencil as he jokingly mimicked a shrink.

"Oh shut up." She laughed, smacking at his hands. Yelena liked talking to Peter, he'd actually listen and right now that's what she needed. To have someone's full attention. And for some reason she trusted him to keep everything they would talk about between them.

"I sorta convinced (Y/n) to ask Wanda to prom." She played with her fingers as they rested in her lap, nervous about what her friend might say.

He sighed, "Yelena"

"I know, but she's really happy right now."

"And what about you?"

"I missed my chance. I could have told her a thousand times but instead I stayed in my faulty relationship trying to convince myself I didn't have feelings for my best friend."

There was a beat of silence...

Then another...

And...

"I still can't believe you dated Flash Thompson." Peter nudges her playfully, earning a small giggle from the young blonde.

"Alright your turn. I'm not the only one stuck in a secret love triangle, Peter Parker." His death glare only made her smile more evident. "Who will you choose?" Laying back, the young blonde stares up at the sky.

"I have already chosen. I love Gwen."

"That easy?"

"Yes." He mimics her position. Resting his head upon his hands.

"Do you think the decision will be that easy for her?" Yelena turns her head to search his expression for any sign of doubt.

"I think the longer you wait, the harder the choice will be." Yelena saw no doubt in his eyes as he watched her smile vanish "Alright..." Peter stood up holding his hand out to Yelena. "Let's get to work blondie." She took his hand and he pulled her up with ease. "Not going to learn anything by lying around on our asses ." He jokes, grabbing his skateboard.

Valentines day-

For the fifth morning in a row the young blonde rode her skateboard to school. With you picking up Wanda each morning she thought it would be easier this way. Easier for herself. Avoiding the disgustingly sweet hand holding, kissing, and that sparkle in your eyes when the brunette walks out her front door.

The only real issue about riding her skateboard was her inability to stop. It's not like she had brakes. So when she rode towards the school doors, she was frantically yelling for everyone to get out of the way as she was 'coming in hot'.

But suddenly she stopped. The head of the board hit the bottom of your extended boot and your hands were automatically out to catch her waist as she reflexively clutched around your shoulders. "Are you avoiding me?"