C H A P T E R 5

Today was the day the principal was going to declare that we'd be attending this school because we're quite popular.

We were all gathered around him, smiling before the cameras.

By the way, we're wearing Ducks jerseys.

"We are delighted to welcome the Ducks to our wonderful educational institution, and it gives me great pleasure today to award you these full athletic scholarships to the Eden Hall Academy."

When he said it, the people cheered and applauded.

The principal continues his speech when I felt someone suddenly put their arms around me. I turned around and saw Adam, his gaze was just focused on the crowds and smiling at them, especially at the camera.

After the principal's announcement and speech eventually ended we all left the principal's side and took our jerseys off, showing us our formal attire.

Bombay then approached Charlie saying he has to tell him something.

When I felt someone suddenly wrap their arms around me, the principal continued his address. When I looked around, Adam was staring at the crowd and smiling at them, especially at the camera.

After the principal's announcement and speech ended, we all left the principal's side and removed our jerseys, revealing our formal clothing.

Bombay then approached Charlie and stated that he needed to tell him something.

"Hey, are you excited for tomorrow?" Adam asked, I looked from Bombay and Charlie's figure going towards the lake to my boyfriend, who had already taken off his jersey, revealing his formal clothing, as was typical of him.

"Tomorrow?" I asked, perplexed.

"Yes, tomorrow is the first day of school," he explains.

"What? already?" I grumbled. "How do you even know, by the way?"

"Because my dear brother went there," he added, his voice sarcastic as he his brother.

"Oh, really, I didn't know that."

Charlie suddenly approached us, his prior joy gone, and he appeared frustrated and sad at the same time.

"Hey, man, what happened?" Adam asked, seeing his best friend's mood shift.

"Oh, nothing, just Bombay dumping us here in this school," he remarked, chuckling cynically.

Banks and I remained motionless as we pondered what Charlie said, staring at each other before returning our gaze to the brunette boy.

"I'm sorry, what? Bombay dumping us here?" I asked, my brows furrowed.

"Yeah, you heard me," Charlie replied.

"For what reason?" Adam questioned.

"I'm not sure, he said he's going to be in charge of some junior hockey program all over the world."

"After everything, he's just gonna dump us here?" I asked, unhappy.

"Come on, guys, let coach just rest for a while, I'm sure there's going to be a new coach for us here," Adam added.

"No, Adam, you don't understand how different Bombay is from the other coaches out there," Charlie said, frowning.

"Guys, just calm down, okay?" I advised. "We should tell the Ducks first."

The two boys nodded before we went to tell our friends the news.

****

"Oh, come on, should you be excited for today?" Adam asked as he sat on his bed. He was already dressed for the first day of school, which consisted of a long-sleeved light blue polo, a necktie, and his pants.

He looked good.

As I stood in front of his stand mirror, he was watching me apply lipgloss.

Yes, I went to his house to prepare myself because half of my belongings are here.

I was dressed in a brown skirt that came to my mid-thighs, a crop top white knitted sweater, and short stiletto boots.

I put on a pair of huge hoop earrings and a black headband.

"And, above all, why the hell are you wearing a skirt?" Adam wondered.

I turned to face him and noticed him staring at me with his brows lifted.

"Why? Is it illegal to wear a skirt now?" I rolled my eyes and went back to the mirror to fix my mascara.

"Babe, we're skating on our way there, and the Ducks will come here so we can all go together," he explained.

I turned around to face him. "The Ducks are coming here?"

"Yeah."

Then, as if on cue, the doorbell rang throughout the house.

Adam and I went to get our school bags and rollerblades, as well as our protection gear.

Fortunately, mine was here rather than at my house, because I'm too sluggish to pick it up if it's there, and we'd be late for our first day.

"So, aren't you going to change your skirt?" Adam asked from beside me.

"No."

"Alright, just be careful skating." he sighed before opening the front door, revealing our friends.

Except for some who I presumed had already gone to school, they were all standing on the porch in front of us.

"You guys ready?" Charlie said, smiling.

"Yeah, come on, my brother already went there," Banks replied as he stepped out the door.

We were about to shut the door when we heard Mrs. Banks' voice calling her son.

"Adam, you forgot your protection gear, I told you to wear it every time you skate," Mrs. Banks stated, as Adam pursed his lips before getting his gear from her and putting it on.

She then smiled at me and said, "Ellie, don't forget to remind him of that."

I nodded and smiled at her. "Will do, Mrs. Banks."

"Just call me Emily, love," she said before kissing my and his son's cheeks.

"All right, guys, off you go; be safe."

"We will. See you, Mrs. Banks." The Ducks waved at her with a smile before skating away with us following behind them.