08

italic - thoughts

JEON HANEUL

As me and Heeseung entered their house, we were welcomed by his relatives.

Their house was field with unfamiliar faces. There are even set of tables that aren't usually there.

"Here are the soon to be wedded couple!" one of Heeseung's aunt said which made me and Heeseung confused.

"How did they know?" My eyebrows slightly furrowed as I whispered to Heeseung.

"The heck, I also don't know"

"You both finally came!" Heeseung's mom walked to us and quickly hugged me, ignoring Heeseung who's beside me.

"I invited the family tailor over as soon as I heard that you two are gonna get married!" her mom said with a huge smile.

I awkwardly smiled and looked at Heeseung. He shrugged his shoulder and also smiled awkwardly.

"Come on Haneul-ah, let's go talk to him" Heeseung's mom excitedly said. She was about to pull me but Heeseung stopped her.

"Wait mom"

"I'll be just talking to my parents' business partners. Text me when you're done talking to the tailor, love..." he softly said while giving small pats and kissed the side of my head.

I think I just felt my knees go weak...

I slightly nodded before leaving with Heeseung's mom to go to their family's tailor.

"That was the very first time I saw my son look so in love" Heeseung's mom suddenly said as we walk, her arms clinging onto mine.

"And I'm glad he's in love with you, Haneul-ah" she looked at me and smiled.

If only you know, aunt...

We soon got in a table with a few men seating in it.

"Good evening, Mr. Park" Heeseung's mom greeted a man that look like in his 50s.

The man quickly stood up and bowed.

"Good evening" he greeted.

"Is she Heeseung's fiancée?" he asked with a smile and looked at me.

"Indeed" Heeseung's mom answered.

"I could say, Heeseung has a really great taste" he chuckled.

Heeseung's mom laughed and quickly pulled me and sat down on the table where the man was seated earlier.

We started discussing about the wedding gown and different stuffs when someone suddenly interrupted.

"Sorry dad I'm late, I was in a meeting with a client and got stuck in a traffic" a male voice spoke behind us.

That voice seems familiar...

"It's alright son, come here and seat already" Mr. Park said.

As soon as I turned my head to the new comer guy, I instantly just wanna disappear.

What the fuck is my ex doing here?

"Meet my son" Mr. Park introduced. I averted my gaze on him as sit down and he's already looking at me.

"Good Evening Mrs. Lee, and soon-to-be Mrs. Lee, I'm Park Jongseong. But I prefer people calling me Jay" he introduced himself. I avoided his eyes and drank some water that one of the waiter gave us earlier.

"Like what I told you earlier, my son will be the one assisting your in-law and will be the one who'll make the gowns and tuxedo Heeseung will wear" Mr. Park said to Heeseung's mom.