03

Cw: smoking

Italic - thoughts

JEON HANEUL

"Here" Xavier offered me a cigarette which I gladly took and lit.

"Now, spill the tea" he said and leaned on the wall.

We're now here at the back of the hospital. This part of the hospital is an open area and patients are not allowed here. Because of that, this is where we (most staff) usually smoke.

I blew out the smoke and started opening a lollipop to cover up the bitter taste of the cigarette.

"I asked him to marry me" I started and also leaned on the wall.

"You what!?" he looked at me with a shocked face.

I chuckled and shrugged my shoulder with a downward smile on my face.

"You said staffs that are newly weds and those who are about to get married will receive a high quality apartment"

"I had no choice, I badly want my own apartment" I looked up and admired the trees that are moving because of the strong wind.

"You're crazy Jeon Haneul" he shook his head.

"But why him though?" he asked and inhaled another sip of nicotine from his cigarette.

"Who do you want me to marry then? You?" I asked. I looked at him up and down before scoffing.

"Ew, as if I'll agree" he rolled his eyes and also admired the trees.

"But isn't he rich? Why didn't you just ask him to buy you one?" he calmly asked.

"I'm not a gold digger like you, Xavier" I chuckled, teasing him.

"I am not a gold digger!" he yelled in disbelief before flicking my forehead and inhaled again from his cigarette again.

We both kept on talking and laughing about random stuff, until our our cigarettes ran out.

I quickly placed my used-cigarette on the ground and stepped on it before properly disposing it on the trashcan.

"I'll go first" I bid my goodbye at him as he took another stick from his pack and lit it.

I started walking towards the back door of the hospital and opened it.

I was about to enter but stopped when I saw Heeseung standing there with a serious face, hands buried in his pockets.

Oh no.

"Didn't I told you to stop smoking?" he raised one of his eyebrow and folded his arms infront of his chest.

"I didn't smoke" I avoided his gaze while trying to deny it.

He suddenly took the lollipop from my mouth and placed it on his. He started sucking the lollipop making my mouth open in shock.

I froze on my spot and pointed the lollipop that he's savouring in his mouth.

Did he just...

"Yeah right, you definitely didn't" he sarcastically said and placed back the lollipop inside my mouth.

He started walking away in which I quickly ran after him.

He's been stopping me from smoking the past months since according to him, my lungs might give up on their own if I kept on smoking.

"I promise, I didn't!" I clung on his arms but he just ignored me.

I kept on trying to talk to him while going inside the hospital. But like how a Lee Heeseung would act if he's angry, he just kept on ignoring me.

"God! PDA! You guys are so disgusting" my younger brother, Hyeon, disgustingly said.

He's infront of the e.r's entrance, making me and Heeseung stop walking and looked at him.

"What are you doing here?" I asked and raised one of my eyebrow.

"Mom asked me to give this to Heeseung hyung" he said and raised his hand that's holding a paper bag.

"They are side dishes hyung" Hyeon said and handed the paper bag to Heeseung.

"Tell aunt thank you" Heeseung smiled and did a fist bump with Hyeon.

"Alright, I'll go now!" he bid his goodbye. He looked at us first with a disgusted face before walking away.

"That brat" I mumbled and scoffed while watching my younger brother walk away.

I kept on clinging on his arms as we go to the locker room to get my things.

"Come on Heeseung! I swear that I didn't smoke!" I kept on lying just to persuade him.

He still ignored me until we arrived in the locker room.

He opened my locker and started getting my things. I was just behind him, just watching him get my hand bag in my locker.

"I'll kiss you just to prove that I didn't smoke if you don't talk to me" I unconsciously said and was about to cross my arms in front of my chest when he pulled me and pushed me against my locker.

He leaned and closed the gap between us, one of his hand holding my bag while the other is placed on the locker beside my head.

"Kiss me then" He was looking directly at my eyes while saying those.

I could feel his breath fanning against my skin, instantly making me freeze on where I am standing.

"I'll really kiss you if you don't back away in three seconds" I fearlessly said despite the way my knees feels so weak right now that I could fall down anytime.

"one..." I started counting.

"two..." I looked at his lips.

"thr-..."

"oh God-"

We both quickly separated from each other when we heard a voice from the door.

"I'm really sorry seonbae! I didn't k-know you guys w-were here!" the intern bowed and immediately went out of the locker room.

Me and Heeseung looked at each other when we were left alone in the locker room.

"I really think putting your things in my office instead is a really nice idea"

*******
literally wrote this while feeling so sleepy and eyes on the verge of closing. so pls bare with the typos or any grammatical errors 😓

^_^