01

italic - thoughts

JEON HANEUL

"Together again, I see" Dr. Kim teased as me and Heeseung entered the locker room together.

here they go again.

"Aren't you still used to us being always together sunbae?" I chuckled.

I opened my locker and stored my things there.

"Finished? You could've just put your things in my office" Heeseung said who's beside me, arms folded infront of his chest.

He have his own office and I don't have mine.

"See! He's so nice to you!" Dr. Kim said again.

"Doesn't mean we're dating. Plus, aren't friends nice to each other?" I raised my eyebrows and laughed before pulling Heeseung out of the locker room.

God, why do they keep on nagging about us dating when we're literally not.

"You ate breakfast already?" Heeseung asked as he placed his hands in his pocket.

"Yup, ate with mom earlier" I answered and nodded.

"You?"

"Ate at McDonald's already" he answered.

"McDonald's? why didn't you eat at home?" I frowned and asked.

"Me and my parents fought a little last night. And it was actually a really nonsense fight" He chuckled and shook his head.

I didn't asked further about their fight and just shrugged it off.

We soon got in his office and took our doctor's coat in the small cabinet he have there.

"Why don't you just put your things here? It's a lot safer" He asked again while putting on his white coat.

"Because the locker room is near the e.r" I said and shrugged my shoulder.

(a/n: e.r = emergency room)

I fixed my coat and tied my hair up in a ponytail.

"Let's go?" Heeseung asked before walking towards the door. I just nodded and started walking with him to the e.r.

Me and Heeseung are both a 3 years General Surgeon and is assigned in the emergency room. We moved in this hospital 2 years ago.

If you don't know yet, me and Heeseung are bestfriend since diapers, like literally, no cap.

Both our parents are bestfriends that's why.

I came from an average family; have limitations, need to buy things that are only needed, and can eat three to four times a day. Meanwhile Heeseung, he is from a rich family; can buy anything he wants, can eat anything and anytime without limitation, and can afford a really expensive school.

Despite the huge difference of the background status, our parents are still in a really really good terms. That's because both our mom are friends back in highschool until college and promised eachother to help the latter who's having a hard time in life.

So when we really need some help, Heeseung's family is always there to help us stand up again.

But not everytime— Not in my case though.

Back when I was in 3rd year college, my father needed to stop working because of his disease, stroke. He sometimes even needed to be hospitalize just so he can be monitored. He also needed a lot of medicines, that are expensive for an average person like me, to take to make him atleast stay normal for a day.