✩ | 𝟏𝟎𝐊 𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐃𝐒 𝐒𝐏𝐄𝐂𝐈𝐀𝐋 (𝟏)

10K READS SPECIAL; No Body, No Crime

There's a killer on the loose, and tension arises. Amidst the distrust planted wherever anyone goes, who can truly be trusted?

Part one of three. 

WARNINGS: Modern!au, Yandere themes, the story is not canonical to the book's plot, murder.

WATCHING THE news isn't a common occurrence in Caelus' morning routine. Most times after he gets out of bed, he simply takes a quick shower before dressing up and haphazardly grabbing his wallet to buy some convenience store coffee on the way to work. Living the life of a desk job worker leaves him with little luxury to afford to laze around during early mornings.

It leaves him with his television dusted and coffee table barely touched during the weekdays. But television is scarce, in his humble opinion, news nowadays is sourced directly from the internet through online articles and tabloids.

So when the picture of his co-worker pops up on his news feed as he opens Google, Caelus must take a double look to ensure it's not his sleep-depraved brain fucking with him. For a moment, humor sparks within his chest and he smiles as he envisions his co-worker being headlined for something ridiculous and in character.

Maybe got into trouble for drunk driving and leading into a police chase, or perhaps stealing puppies from the streets. Caelus sets down his button-up shirt, choosing to focus on reading the article displayed through the screen of his phone. After a few scrolls down, the smile drops from his face and is instead replaced with creases between his brows - worry.

The article's thumbnail is a picture of March.

And the article is in no way humorous, it's an article about March - one of his co-workers - being murdered just last night and having recently been discovered in her own apartment lying in a pool of blood - her blood.

Caelus' throat clogs up as he struggles to read on, disbelief clouding his mind even as his fingertips turn ice cold.

That's impossible, his mind persists, just last night March and his other co-workers were drinking at some bar to commemorate their one-year time at the company. That's impossible, his mind screams, replaying the memory of a drunken March hanging off his and Dan Heng's shoulders, giggling and telling her usual shitty jokes. The joyous atmosphere then can still be felt from his hazy mind, yet is fast slipping as the reality of the situation is becoming clearer and clearer.