𝟎𝟎𝟑

003 - Beacon Address

"WE'RE HERE." Gepard stops briskly walking and turns to face the trailblazers that came from beyond the stars. "This is Qlipoth Fort, the heart of Belobog and headquarter of the Architects."

He then gestures to the grand staircase just behind him. "This fortress is also the residence of the supreme guardian."

"Zamn." (Y/N) muttered, looking straight at the building.

"Supreme what?" March questioned.

"The leader of Belobog, elected and appointed by the Architects. The supreme guardians have watched over this city for generations, sheltering the people from harm." Gepard responds, his tone professional and practiced. "The current guardian is Madam Cocolia Rand. Every major strategic decision is issued by her."

'This feels like a museum trip,' (Y/N) thinks, starting to get bored. Meanwhile, March is awed by the title of the supreme guardian. "Whoa... she sounds like a big deal."

"Indeed, she is," Gepard nods, adjusting the metal of his gloves. "I will now bring you to see Madam Cocolia. Please have your words at the ready. Her time is precious, so she prefers concise communication."

March sheepishly rubs the nape of her neck. "Uhh... We're gonna see her right now? Can I at least find a place to freshen up first?"

"You're fine, March," (Y/N) aggressively pats her back. "We're just meeting their leader, there's no rule that says we need to be presentable!"

"Who's 'we'?" Gepard questions.

(Y/N) quirks a brow. "Uh? Us? March, Stelle, Dan Heng, Me?" She points to herself, emphasizing.

A look of realization flashes across Gepard's face. "Ah, about that," He clears his throat and straightens his posture even more. "I will not allow you to accompany them."

...

Huh?

"What!? Why?" Stelle is the first to speak up, bewildered.